Love Complications ~ Chapter 5

“Ha-ha, did you see those abs?! OMG, I thought I was gonna cry when Jacob imprinted on Rennesmee, how sweet!”

“I know! And when Bella woke up with all the feathers on the bed, I was trying so hard not to laugh out loud!”

“Ha-ha yeah, that was pretty funny.”

“THERE SHE IS! Katarina, what’s the latest on your 18th? Who is this girl your hanging out with? Who is this Chase guy?”

As soon as they said his name I froze. How the hell did they know his name? How did they know he existed?! Usually I just co-operate with the paparazzi, but today, I didn’t know what to do.

“Missy – “

“I know what you’re thinking, and I honestly don’t know how to answer the question.”

“OK, first action we make is, to get out of here. I’m going to call Mick to come and help us, for now we go bathroom.”

“Good idea.”

On the way to the bathroom, I was running possibilities through my mind. Is Chase here? Did someone overhear myself and Missy talking about him? Did Chase drop something to say that he knew me?

“KATE! Come on, we have to get home I’m craving your mums food. Ring Mick already.”

“O, right.”

When Mick finally got here, we were able to get out of the bathroom without anyone noticing. We got home and everything, I mean EVERYTHING was on the news already, the encounter with the paparazzi, how they asked about Chase, my face went pale. Now there are rumours going around saying that Chase, is my secret boyfriend.

“Kate, it’s gonna be ok, we can clear all this up you just need to prove to them somehow that you and Chase broke up.”

“Yeah that’s a good Idea, but I don’t know exactly know how.”

*********************************

Chase P.O.V

My mouth hang open after what I just saw. How does this happen, I never saw Katie after what happened that day. I think that now I should definitely go to California.

“Chase, why didn’t you tell me you got together with Katarina! Man that is great news –“

“I DIDN’T GET TOGETHER WITH HER!”

“Whoa, bro, I’m sorry mate, I didn’t know, it’s just that I was watching the news last night, it said that you were getting together with her, so that’s why I said what I said.”

“I know, it surprised me as well, I mean, I haven’t seen or even spoken to her in ages.”

“ok, cool. So are you going to her 18th?”

“Yeah, I think I am, I have to clear things up after everything that has gone on.”

“OK, yeah cool man, I guess I will see you there. I was invited too. Was Chelsea invited?”

“Nah, don’t think so, I mean why would she invite Chelsea after what she did to her.”

“Yeah good point, but you do know it is a surprise party right, Missy organised it with Kate’s mum, I think Ms Banks insisted that everyone from our grade got invited.”

“Wow, this is gonna be a tough weekend then.”

*******************

Katarina P.O.V

“Missy, are you asleep?”

“Of course I’m not.”

“What are we gonna do?”

“I don’t know, how about go on with our ‘normal’ lives and just act normal and say that you broke up with him ages ago, and that it brings up memories of how he cheated on you.”

“Wow, you have been thinking of this for a while now haven’t you?”

“Hey, just trying to make my best friend’s birthday the best ever.”

“Ok, well I think I can get to sleep now that we have a solution. Thanks Missy.”

“No problem Kate, what are friends for?”

“Night.”

“Night.”

For the rest of the night, I slept like a baby. Knowing that I would never, in a million years date Chase, and that all my problems with the paparazzi were solved. It felt so good to have my best friend back in my grasp. It felt even better knowing that, I would be in Australia, for Australia Day.