Love Complications ~ Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Chase P.O.V

“Chase”

“Yeah, Bronte?”

“Do you miss Katie?”

I honestly didn’t know how to answer that question. It had been so long since I last saw her in person and now her mum has invited me to her 18th surprise party. I have still been deciding if I should go the last 2 weeks now.

“Sometimes. We used to be the best of friends kid.”

“Why, did you use past tense?”

Ha-ha, this kid is gonna be a little miss smartie pants when she gets older. She already beats me in Scrabble.

“Ha-ha, I used ‘past tense’ because she got really angry at me, then she moved to California as you know and now she sings and hasn’t been back to Australia since.”

“Well, I miss her too, can I come to her party as well?”

“maybe, I will think about.”

“Come on Bronte, time for bed now.”

“Awe, but Chase has to go to bed as well!”

“Nuh-uh, I’m older so I get to stay up and watch TV.!”

“Chase, just go to bed!”

“ugh, you’re gonna pay for this missy!”

After I said that to her, she just poked her tongue out at me and just laughed. There goes the credit I gave her for being smart. The slack thing is, I was thinking about Katie the whole night.

***********************

“Mum! We’re going shopping for a little bit see you at dinner!”

“you sure she will let us go?”

“Nope, I’m pretty sure she won’t, that’s why we are leaving before she has the chance to say anything. Quickly I have Mick waiting outside.”

“Ha-ha ok, go I will get my purse and meet you out there.”

“ok”

……………..CALLING………JERK FACE

“What do you want Chase?”

“I was just wandering if Kate was with you.”

“No she isn’t, but even if she was, I don’t think she would want to talk to you.”

“ugh, you know what, forget I called!”

“Already done.”

Ahhh, it felt good to hang up on Chase.

“QUICK, MISSY, WE ARE GONNA GET CAUGHT!”

Ha-ha wow I loved this, it reminds me that nothing has changed to my special Kate.

“What took you so long?”

“Nothing, I just got a phone call, didn’t really have to take it, the biggest jerk ever rang me.”

“Why, did Chase ring you?”

“How do you know it was Chase?”

“He is the biggest jerk in the world! Seriously spill, why were you talking to him.”

“Well promise you won’t get mad. He rang me, because, he knew I was in California to spend time with you, he wanted to see if I was with you at the time, he wanted to speak to you.”

“The nerve of him, he seriously thinks I would talk to him?”

“That’s what I said to him, I said that, why would you want to talk to him.”

“O, well for a second I thought you were dating him. Let me try to stay serious.”

*5 seconds later*

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, why did I even try!!!!”

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, Katie, you always manage to crack me up!”

“Ahhhhh, good times, well what movie shall we see?”

“hmmmmm, lets see Breaking dawn part 1.”

“yea, I have actually been wanting to see that one for a while now.”

“OK, well lets do this thing then.”

For the rest of the night it felt like old times, hanging out with my best friend, sitting back, watching a movie, whilst checking out Taylor Lautner’s abs.