Love Complications ~ Chapter 3

"So that is the story of how I moved here. I was also discovered by a record label whilst mucking around on set for my sister's dancing sister."

"hmm, that is a very interesting story, Katarina, thank you for joining us today, we now have a perspective on how it was like for you at school."

"That's no problem at all, thank you for letting me join you."

I think that this was the worst interview that i have ever had, the interviewer was really sweaty and you could see it on his face. Next time, I'm choosing the interviewer. Now it was off to Gloria's show, I hate going, there is always some creep there trying to get a photo of us arguing or pigging out on food.

"KATARINA!"

"hmmm, o sorry mum, you were saying something about the paparazzi?"

"As, a matter of fact, I wasn't. I wasn't even talking to you, I was just showing Mick that you have the shortest attention span ever.”

“Well, excuse me, but you didn’t just sit through a interview that went for 2 hours! I didn’t even want to do it but you made me.”

“Well yes, your still new to the singing world.”

“MUM, I have been in for 3 years, I’m pretty sure I have the hang of it by now.”

Unlike some people, you, I don’t treat everyone like trash. I swear as soon as I was discovered and Gloria started her dancing show, she has changed so much, I can’t even think of her as mum anymore it’s more like manager.

“Come on, let’s go, we don’t want to be late for the show, hurry and get out of the car.”

Mum always waits for Mick to open her door but I refuse to let him open mine ever, even when he does it is only for red carpet events because I am forced to let him do it, I am perfectly capable of opening a car door.

“OK, Kate, you need to go to wardrobe and say hello to your sister.”

“Yeah whatever.”

Don’t get me wrong my sister is a great dancer no doubt about it, but she has these shows every day of the week. It starts to get annoying. Anyway I said hello to my sister and was about to walk away when she said to check the cupboard, I did what she was told. As soon as I opened the door, MISSY jumped out.

“AHHHHHHHHH!”

“Missy what the hell are you doing here?”

“I’m here to see you, what did you not think I would come and see you at least once these holidays?”

“Well, I didn’t expect it! O my God, Missy I have missed you so much!”

It felt so good to have my best friend in my arms again.

“OK I get that you miss me, but you have some explain to do! How come you never rang me to tell me you were discovered! Kate, I listen to your music in the car all the time! Your amazing!”

“Well, I don’t know I was too excited I guess.”

“Well, to more important business, what do you want for you 18th birthday?”

“Wow, I actually forgot about that, wait are you staying for that?”

“mmmhmmmm.”

“MISSY, it is going to be so good to have you here for that.”

For the rest of the day we went to see a movie, go shopping and have a coffee to catch up on what has been going on, apparently, Chase and Chelsea are still together and Missy got together with this new kid from Chicago that moved last fall, she says he is so adorable and very beautiful. Missy also asked if I was going down for Australia Day.

“Missy, I don’t know, what if my mum says no, I can’t just run away.”

“You don’t have to she has already booked the tickets and everything, she wants you to go back to Australia, at least for a couple of days. You can come to Bondi and party and everything, just say you will come.”

“Of course I will come Missy.”

“Cool, well can I crash at yours, I have nowhere to stay at the moment.”

“Of course you can.”