ten | parker

three weeks later

SHE NEVER REALLY LEAVES MY MIND ANYMORE. Maybe she never left but I never noticed before now. Usually I'm with her, or texting her, or calling her. And because I'm not I assume that's why I'm realizing this now.

I pull out my phone, and when I see that it's at 25% I'm not too surprised. Still, I disregard that and text MJ. 

hey, i'm here. what did you want me to pick up?

She responds immediately, omg ty ilysm!! just go to the front desk and ask for the keys to apartment 26. if they ask why you're picking them up say you're my bf or smth.

Smiling down, I walk to the front desk and do as she said. "Hi, sir, I'm here to pick up the keys to apartment 26."

He looked me up and down, possibly admiring my fabulous nonexistent wash board abs that are not visible through my shirt. He tapped furiously at his keyboard and squinting at his screen. "You're Ms. Jaxton?"

"No, I'm her boyfriend."

"Hold on, let me just confirm this with Ms. Jaxton."

i think the concierge doesn't think im bf material smh im gonna be single forever. 

lol don't worry, i think you're bf material. 

I leaned against the wall, half hearing what the concierge was saying, mostly re-reading what MJ had just said. The concierge nodded me over and handed me the keys. "Have a nice night-"

"Parker. Parker Preston. And thank you."

As I stepped out of the building, hearing the doors shut behind me, I heard my phone play the How I met Your Mother theme song. I pulled it out and answered the call.

"Hey,"

"Park, one more favour,"

I cut her off because I already knew what she was gonna say. "Yes, I'll pick you up and yes, I'll help you move in and unpack your things."

Her laugh rang through the phone, "Thank you, so, so, so much. What would I do without you?"

"Walk home? Be anti-social?"

"Shut up and get here already."

"But I'm right, right?"

And then she hung up, which was my cue to laugh and pick her up from Karls Komics.

---

two updates in two days? yay!

what did you guys think? 

love you guys, robs