2

**Not edited, I think my computer must've gotten rid of words but I can't be stuffed reviewing this again.

My eyes remained on the gorgeous boy. I focused on every detail on his face and body. His baby face evolved into a well-structured shape, with soft cheek bones and a well-defined jaw line. His eyes were a bit smaller, but still gave off a golden shine. His body though, he definitely grew taller and masculine. His arms had a few veins poking out his skin but in ways that didn't seemed too scary.

"Done checking me out Nicole?"

My mind snapped back to reality, remembering that I was only focused on his whole self.

"Sorry, you just look different from memory, a lot different than what I thought you would look."

He chuckled and ruffled my hair once again, "You do realise that eight years is an awfully long time to remember a child's face."

I replied to that comment with a smile. "Shall we catch up inside?"

He followed me into the house and into the kitchen. We sat on the stools after he pulled out two pieces of cake for us to eat.

"Still like red velvet cake?"

I nodded, "Of course!"

As I dag into the cake, his eyes remained fixated on me. "How was America?"

"Meh, for the majority of time I stayed home schooled because Mum and Dad wanted to avoid drama at schools, like what happened in LA. Plus, I'd be able to get extra help, especially after concerts, because I'd never have time to study until I had a break. Continuing from what I said about missing out on classes and not being able to take my exams and to graduate. For some reason, Mum made me go to school again."

He nodded and took a bite of cake.

"You and Riley changed so much, are you guys still close?" I asked before licking off the cream cheese icing off my fork.

"Yeah, he'd let me crash in his place from time to time. I'm curious to why he hasn't gotten sick of me yet." I laughed at his comment, not realising I had icing on my face. He pointed on his corner lip, reflecting what he saw on my face.

"Ah, thanks." After wiping it off, I continued to eat the cake. "How come you remembered me but never said anything?"

He stood up and walked over to the sink to wash his plate.

"I guess I wanted to see if you remembered me first, I should've guessed that you wouldn't recognise me, I look like a different person right now."

"Yeah you do, but how could I forget an adorable boy that refused to play with me after a fight until I apologised for what he did?" He gave a fake offended look and scoffed.

"Well, I apologise for being a stubborn boy but I couldn't help it because a certain girl wouldn't stop complaining about not being able to play princess."

"You're the one who'd always ask me what I wanted to play so you obviously had it coming!"

"Even a six year old would know that boys don't play princess."

"Dude, we were five."

"Oh... But still, who would ask a boy to play princess?"

"Um, let me think... A girl with a guy best friend."

Our childish argument went on for more than half an hour and we ended up calling truce while laughing our asses off. We went over to the living room so we could sit down and talk a little more comfortably.