3

**Again, no full edits

He stayed fast asleep in the hospital bed, from time to time he'd cry and mutter things to himself. My hand never left his since I held onto it while riding in the ambulance. When the ambulance came, they immediately gave him an oxygen mask and his breathing went back to normal. Despite the fact that he was lying there for more than five hours, I still stayed next to him, waiting for him to wake up.

Even if meant that I would fall asleep, I needed to stay, I wanted to stay, I wanted to know that he was alright.

"Nicole?" My head lifted up from the bed and looked at Mark. He was rubbing his eyes with his other hand and yawned while looking around. Eventually he realised that his hand was in mine. "Why are you holding my hand?"

I didn't let go but used my other hand to softly hit his arm. "You had me gone worried! You just randomly passed out and your breathing stopped. I didn't know what to do..." I didn't realise that I was crying in front of him and he looked at me guilt in his eyes.

"Hey, stop crying." He wiped my tears off with his sleeve. "I'm sorry, I was just, tired."

My face scrunched up, what did he mean by tired? He was busy sleeping up until 12:30, why would he be tired? Before I could ask, a beautiful doctor walked in, she gave me a glare before heading over to Mark.

"What happened this time?" She asked as she lifted her hand to touch his forehead. He pushed her hand away and avoided eye contact from both of us.

"I asked for a different doctor. Why are you still here?" He asked coldly.

My heart felt tight and it felt as if it wanted to suffocate my whole body. Was this what you called jealousy? 'Shut up Nicole, you weren't there for eight years of his life, what right do you have to feel jealous when he seems to have history with a beautiful woman?'

My mind told me to leave, yet my heart forced me to stay. I watched the tension between the both of them, it hurt but I wanted to know more, to see more and to hear more.

"Sorry, I insisted to come."

"Why?!" His voice roared, I was terrified of the boy in front of me. His eyes looked angry and his face looked hurt.

"Sorry, I just want you to forgive me."

"Never."

My head bowed down, I had no idea what was going on, but it hurt when this situation just proved that Mark's words were lying. He probably had a relationship with an older woman, a woman with more experience in life, a woman that could stay with him and take care of him.

I let out an awkward laugh, causing them to look my direction. "Would you look at the time? I guess I should leave, I have work tomorrow."

"Yeah you should." The doctor blurted out, in a tone that wanted to kill me.

"No, please stay." Mark's hand tugged onto my arm but the doctor pushed his arm away.

"She said she needs to leave and you need rest."

I agreed to her statement and walked out of the door. Even though the door was tightly shut, I could still hear their conversation.

"Mark, my husband and I had a divorce and I still love you... So why can't you love me back?"

"How can I love a monster? You could go to jail for what you did."

"Then why don't you just send me to jail if you don't want to see me anymore?"