13

**Roughly proof read

**Riley POV

We sat there in several rows, waiting for our names to be called. One by one, each of us went up, accepting our certificates and smiling at the cameras. When she came up, she looked healthier and happier. She gladly took her certificate and went to take a photo. Our eyes met and she gave a warm smile. I smiled back, hoping time would stop for us. Her eyes looked at the person in front of me and that smile disappeared.

I was happy though, despite the rejection, she still looked at me as the same guy as before. I regreted that confession, but it was bringing Mark back to his senses. As she got off, Grace and the girls pulled her out of the room, probably to get ready for the graduation party. Mark got up and took his certificate, it was nice seeing him well-groomed again. His eyes focused on the door Nicole walked out of.

He sat back down for the rest of the graduates and the principal's speech. I noticed on the screen a photo of Nicole and Mark. Both being their derpy selves and taking random selfies. I quickly glanced over to see Mark's reaction, he was massaging his temples. I knew he missed their time spent together.

They had one month to fix all this, one month so I'll be able to bring Mark back.

**Mark POV

I drove myself home to get dressed for the party. The whole ride was haunting, the sky was pretty much as dark as that night. I mentally slapped myself and continued driving. After arriving at the house, I fixed up my hair and brushed my teeth again. I slipped into a blue tux and looked back at myself in the mirror.

All I saw was a well-dressed guy that looked happy. I knew that the reality of this person was completely the opposite. I chose this just to impress Nicole, I honestly wanted her to keep feeling the same way about me and leave Riley. It was selfish, but I only had a month left. I fixed up my bowtie and drove to the party.

The tables were decorated with white fabric and a single rose sitting in the middle along with candles. Everyone was either sitting down, eating and chatting or dancing. My eyes scanned the room for the boys, a smirk formed on my face when I realised that Grace and Liam were actually dancing together. I headed over to the boys and sat next to Luke.

"Where's your girlfriend?" His face grew dark as I took a sip of coke.

"Well unlike you, I don't have girls begging me to take them here and I didn't plan on coming here alone."

I raised my brow and continued taking small sips. "What do you mean by unlike me? No one spoke to me this past week."

"Well sorry bro, you don't seem to have one yourself." I shrugged and drank the rest of the drink.

As I looked around, my eyes caught Nicole and Riley having a good time. I let out a sigh and looked away. I wanted to enjoy this night, I planned on drinking with the boys and probably going back to the house.

The people that prepared the night wanted to start a waltz, just to make memories. It was going to start when the school captains came up. A hand tapped my shoulder, it was Nicole. I straightened my back and coughed. "Uh, what do you need?"

She gave a smile, "I wanted to see if you could dance with me."

I didn't know what to say and my mouth was lost for words. "Uh yeah sure, I'd love to."

We walked over to the centre and waited for the music to start. I awkwardly placed my hand on her waist and the other one into hers. She placed her free hand onto my shoulder and we began to dance.