17

**Ignore errors and the chapter is sorta cheesy~

Her smile was weak. Of course, she was looking at her ex. Despite the sadness her face was showing, she was as gorgeous as ever.

"Hey, uh, can I come in?" Her eyes avoided mine.

"Of course." She followed me into the living room and sat herself down on the couch. "Did you want anything to drink?"

She shook her head while forcing a small smile. "It's fine." Nothing else came out of her mouth but it was obvious that something was begging to be said. Eventually, the words quietly escaped her lips. "I heard that you had surgery."

"Yeah, around two months ago."

"I see..." Her eyes stared at the floor, a smile formed on her lips. "Apparently you had a growing tumour, it must've been painful."

She looked so sad. Why? "I wouldn't know. I woke up not remembering a single thing."

"I would've guessed so." She stood up and took a deep breath. "Do you want to go get some ice-cream? It's a good day for some."

I didn't hesitate to say yes. I wanted to know more about her, about our relationship. We headed out to the park and got our ice-cream. "One chocolate and one mint please?" She looked at me and softly smiled. "My treat."

While we sat on the bench, silently eating our ice-cream, I couldn't help but complain mentally. I hated mint, no, I despised it. I still ate it, because she spent her money on me. I took a quick look at her and realised that she wasn't eating hers. It was melting.

I really wanted to swap, not because it was her ice-cream, because I liked chocolate over mint any day. I leaned over to the chocolate ice-cream, "It's melting...", and licked some of the melted bits.

I looked up and saw her sad brown eyes. I knew I did something wrong.

"Why?" It was like a whisper, one that you could barely hear.

"What?"

Her lips trembled and a tear fell down her cheek. "Why am I still like this?"

I dropped my cone and kissed her. She tried pulling away but I only pulled her closer. Her hands eventually let her cone fall and they pulled my head closer to hers. Despite the taste of mint in my mouth, the chocolate and her scent of lavender and camomile made me refuse to let us part.

She eventually broke the kiss and avoided my gaze. "Why won't you look at me?"

She only turned her back to me. I wrapped my arms around her, the grip only got tighter.

"What happened? I want to know." No sound came from her, only short abrupt breaths. "I know you know something."

"I don't..."

"I just want your help. I know you can help me."

She pushed my arms away and stood up, without looking at me. "How can I? I'm only a stranger to you."

"But what am I to you?"

"A friend of the guy I like."

It wasn't true. It couldn't be.

"What do you mean?"

"I like Riley. Did you not see what happened last night?"

I got up and looked over at her. "'I wonder if he still has our photos or if he still has our texts. Riley even confessed to me, it's pretty sad. I'm still pretty much love struck with his best friend and now he's even got me feeling guilty. Well, everyone's lied to me. I feel used and hurt. The only time I actually feel alive is when I see blood now. I don't regret the trail of blood dripping from my wrists but I regret the reason for it.