12

**Proof read, twice. Almost there

**Mark POV

I was an idiot. She was getting paler and thinner. I noticed the small red cuts on her wrists. It was my fault. I wanted to approach her, but my mind kept on forgetting her. Every time I was near her, everything went blank and there was no pain.

The boys finally noticed.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, I just feel, off."

Ryan leaned toward Liam's ear and whispered, "Do you think we should get Nicole to help?"

I lost all my consciousness and tilted my head in confusion. "Who's Nicole?"

Riley who had been ignoring my presence slapped my face. "What's the point anymore? Even if you get surgery or not, you're still going to forget her. There's only one difference, you get hurt constantly if you don't get surgery." He spotted Nicole and glanced at me before going towards her.

I watched the both of them talk and I wanted to rip my eyes out when she smiled. Not only smiled, but also laughed. Her head nodded at something Riley had said and she began following him. I was a sadist for a moment, she dropped her smile when he turned around. She only smiled in front of him, which made me happy, but the reason for that was me.

Once they disappeared from sight, I finished my latte and headed off to my room.

I reached the building to see Rose, smiling like a maniac. "What do you want?" I hissed.

"So, is this the outcome that was gonna commence? Wow, I would have never guessed that you wanted to live a life hurting yourself and her. I told you, you should come to me."

"Whose fault was this in the first place? I could sue you for attempt murder, but I wasn't the one that you planned on murdering. Just leave." She followed me to the front of my door. "How desperate are you? I never once wanted to be with you. Go back to your husband."

"I have."

I raised my brow, "Is that so? Why are you here then?"

"That jerk stripped me off of my job. He said that he'd be in charge of work and affairs out of the house and all I need to do is stay home and get therapy." She leaned onto the wall with a smirk, "Would you have done that? To someone you love?"

"No."

"Then why is he doing it to me?"

"You need help! You have a mind of a lunatic. You're a selfish person. He did that in order to help you."

She scoffed and glared at me, "You are a hypocrite."

"I know I am."

"I give up. You win, but I'm still here. Just give me a call and another divorce will happen."

"No need, I won't even contact you."

She shrugged and left. After shutting the door behind me, I swallowed a pill and laid down on my bed. One more exam was to be done and then graduation. After that, one month, until she would leave. If I thought about it, practically until the end of the year.

**Nicole POV

It's been a while since I started. At times, I would think about what Mark's thoughts would be about this. I realised that it wouldn't matter anyway. Grace found out, I got scolded, I still couldn't stop. I moved onto my thighs, and my stomach. No one would have to see or even know.

I knew Mark would be constantly staring at me, but I was at the point of not caring anymore. I didn't want to feel, I neglected my friends. I was lied to. I didn't care about what others thought anymore. I didn't care if teachers noticed my body or my eyes. I didn't care.