Part 1 - Chapter 1

I didn't mean to hit her. I did not mean to hit my best friend of seventeen years. I put my hands on her. I'm a fucking monster. I need to be crucified eleven times. I think it was bound to happen. Not that I'm justifying it, but she needs to stop thinking she can put her hands on me whenever she likes, that's not my girl , the fuck. Damn, she's so beautiful though, and I know I can treat her right.. Aw man what am I saying? That girl don't want me anymore...

4 months earlier...

New neighborhood, new school, new year, new attitude, new Ronald. This year, I'm taking charge, I'm not letting people walk all over me. I'm going to make my own decisions and I'm not going to care about what anyone thinks about me. As long as I have Mandy by my side, I'm good. As I'm planning out my outfit for the first day of school, I recalled what it felt like to be the "new kid". Everyone looked at me funny the first time I went to middle school. But now I'm in high school, and nobody cares about anyone that much anymore.

Millions of things are running through my mind when I hear my mom welcoming Mandy at the door. I pretend not to hear them talking about me in the kitchen. "I'm so happy he transferred to my school. I'll help him fit in Mom." Yea, there's Mandy, my best friend since diapers. Her mother is basically my mom and vice versa. She swears she's bigger than me, always treating me like a little boy. I'm fucking 17. I don't need help fitting in. I'm Ronald motherfucking McGreggor. But I can't go in this school with this attitude, Ima get jumped. Lost in the middle of my thoughts, I feel Mandy jump on me screaming in my ear asking if I'm excited. Laughing, I flip her over on my bed and we start play fighting. Next thing I know, she's got me pinned on the bed, while sitting on me. In that exact moment, I take in how beautiful she is. Her kinky hair, her womanly smell, her wide-eyed smile. I guess she can tell how "excited" I got because she awkwardly got off and said "Uhm, let's get going, we're gonna be late". Before we leave, I grab her arm and look into her eyes and say "I'm sorry Mandy, I didn't mean for that to happen, it's just been a while, okay?" she just responds with "whatever". Clearly not taking that attitude, I push her against the wall and look at her with a dominant stare. "Mandy I'm sorry." She smiles and says "It's okay Ronnie. I mean I can't blame you."

What does that mean? "I can't blame you."

Whatever that's not important.