Chapter 2

As we're walking to school, I can't help but think about what happened at my house. After 17 years of our platonic friendship, things have drastically changed in the span of 10 minutes. What if she gets creeped out and never wants to talk to me again? What if she actually likes me back? Man I hope our friendship doesn't deteriorate. I genuinely love her, inside and out, as a friend and more. Ughhhhh I shouldn't have allowed that to happen. Why did Mandy have to be so bodacious? She's such a precious jewel that I plan on keeping and taking care of.

It's 8:15 and everyone is gathered in the gym. I'm standing with Mandy and a couple of her friends. Aaron keeps looking at Mandy's ass and it's starting to piss me off. I don't even know why I'm getting mad, that's not my girl, she can do whatever she-, and as I'm thinking, the most beautiful girl i've ever seen (besides Mandy) walks past me. She's light skinned, has chinky eyes, a nice shape and the biggest smile on her face. We make eye contact, and she bites her lip at me. That's when I realize, this girl is trouble. I learn her name is Jasmine. I'm talking to Aaron about Jasmine and he's basically urging me not to mess with her. "Bro she's no good, she'll break your heart, don't do that bro, that's a bad look." All the time he's saying this, I'm wondering why he's calling me bro. I don't even know this kid.

I realize that there's little cliques in this school. The football players don't like the basketball players so the two groups are glaring at each other. There's the scholars/intellectuals who don't really mess with anyone else. Mandy belongs to them, she's so goddamn smart. She has a 96.8% average. She's my inspiration. Anyways, there's this group of people that don't really fit in anywhere. They're those types of kids to go straight home after school, I'm not messing with them. The football players approach me and ask if I was trying out for the team, I guess based on my physical appearance, not even what my name was. I start chuckling and say, "I'm more of a basketball man." They all look at me with somewhat disgust and the captain, I'm assuming replies, "Aigh, well holla at us when you wanna play a man's game. C'mon guys." That's when I realized I had a strong feeling of dislike towards him. And in that same moment, he walks over to Mandy, smacks her ass and starts kissing her.

My heart broke apart and sank. So THIS was the infamous Kevin. The one who's name made my stomach twist every time Mandy talked about him. Every time she described their intimate moments, I secretly wished it was me. Every time she would "ignore" my calls, I knew it was because she was either talking to Kevin or with him. Seeing her kissing him makes me heated, because he was also just making eyes with Jasmine. I realize I've been quiet for too long, I need to say something before everyone thinks I'm a weirdo.