Chapter 7

School goes pretty normal, I mean it's the second day. I try my hardest to avoid Jasmine, she was only an experiment, the girl I really want is Mandy of course. It's lunchtime and that's when I plan my attack. I see Kevin and all that hatred and disgust comes back to be, I don't sneak him, I simply ask

"Yo, you hit Mandy? Cause if you did we gotta scrap."

"Yeah, so what? That's my bitch. Mind your business."

After hearing that, I push him and he drops his bag. I swing on him and it connects. Right in his jaw. I guess he was underestimating me because he looks shocked. I take off my sweater and get hype. I black out completely. But after watching the video, it looks like I put work in. I'll give credit where it's due, some of his shots were connecting but I ended up slamming him, I won by default. I know that he'll never touch her again.

Weeks go by and Jasmine basically forgets all about me and I'm happy she does. I only want Mandy. It's Halloween and Mandy and my family always get together and do something. The night before Mandy always sleeps over. She's wearing a onesie and she looks too good right now. I decide today's the day. I'm going to come clean to Mandy and tell her how I really feel. I'm in my pajamas, which is just basketball shorts and socks, she's comfortable with it. I close the door in my room and lock it. Mandy looks at me kinda funny but I guess she dismisses the thought from her head. "Mandy can I talk to you?" I begin. "Of course Ronnie, go ahead." "Mandy we've been best friends forever since we were babies, I love you as a friend but there's something I need to get off my chest. You're beautiful and I believe I can treat you right. I love you, more than a friend. Coming out of an abusive relationship, I wanna be the one to fix your heart. Mandy Padilla, please let me be yours." She has the biggest smile on her face, and all she says is, "come here Ronnie." I do as she says and we start embracing each other. "I've been feeling this way for years." I look in her eyes and kiss her. A passionate one, not like the one with Jasmine which was all full of lust. We were making out and she gave me a look which made me understand what was gonna happen. It was finally happening, I was making love to Mandy Padilla, my best friend of 17 years. I'm conducting a symphony with her body being the instruments. I'm playing all the right notes, at the right times. I start off with a slow, sweet tune, and then finish which a rapid, exciting jingle. By the time we finished it's 10 pm and we're watching a Madea movie. She's all up under me and I can't believe how lucky I am. I finally got the person I wanted and I'm never losing her.