Zander Finds Out the Truth of how my Mother Died

The wonderful dream ended when I felt the cold air surround me. I jumped up terrified that the men still had me and I dreamed of Zander saving me. "Tina. It's ok i'm right here." I hadn't realized that he was almost out of the bed when I jumped up. I sat down on the bed next to Zander. "I'm sorry I was just scared." I said tiredly. I wrapped my arms around Zander's neck and laid my head on his shoulder. "It's fine Tina." He said while wrapping his arms around my back, pulling me tighter to him. He kissed the top of my head before pushing me off him and standing up. "Come on let's go downstairs and get something to eat I am starving." He said then I realized I don't remember the last time I ate probably before those men took me. "Me too." I said while grabbing his hand. Whenever I touched him my body filled with warmth and he butterflies returned. Whenever I wasn't near him or touching him, I was cold. So cold I felt like someone pushed me in the middle of a blizzard. We made our way downstairs in just silence. This wasn't awkward, it was comforting. I sat down in the chairs while Zander was making eggs and sausage. "So.." Of course Zander wouldn't forget about what I said I would tell him. I got up and hopped on the counter next to the stove. I grabbed his hand and held it in my lap while his other hand kept moving the eggs around. "Did I ever t-tell you about my mother?" I asked Zander because I was pretty sure I didn't. "No, but by what you say in your sleep I'd say she is dead." I didn't know I talked in my sleep. "Ok, well yes she is dead, but she killed herself. My father abused me because he thought it was all my fault that she died. He said because I took his first ever true love that he would take my first kiss and my virginity. He said if I ever found someone who I loved that he would murder them right in front of me." I started tearing up. Remembering the feeling of so much fear hearing him say these words. "He ruined my life and I thought that I deserved it. I thought I really did kill my mother. It never hurt as bad if I thought I deserved it. But on the first anniversary of her death." I choked back a sob " On the anniversary of her death he was meaner than he had ever been. He got a knife and he cut off all of my hair and gave me a scar right where she shot herself." I couldn't stop the tears from coming. At this point the eggs were in the microwave and Zander was leaning in the counter in between my knees. He had he hands on my hips. "Then he beat me worse than he had ever. He broke my leg and both my arms. I got one of my mom's sweaters and put my hands in the position that I thought they would heal better. And it was ok, because he locked me in the basement where she killed herself for about two weeks. There was water in the fridge down there and two apples so I didn't s-starve but...." Zander pulled me into a hug. "Then he brought some men over and they touched me. They didn't do anything but they touched me inappropriately and they beat me. Pretty soon my body gave up and I passed out." I wiped away the tears and they were slowly stopping. "Then when you saved me when I was sleeping, I had a dream. There was this white light and she had the voice of an angel. She sh-showed me why my mother really k-killed herself. Almost everyday my father would lock her up in the basement and have people pay to come and have sex with her and beat her or even whip her. And then one time they were threatening to rape me if she didn't do what they wanted her to do. My father was a-always passed out drunk and I was always asleep." Now Zander's eyes started to get a little watery. "and then she told my dad that if he didn't stop doing it to her than he would regret it. But he didn't listen. She didn't think that what he did to her is what he would do to me but..." I couldn't finish I just felt weak. I fell into Zander and cried. He was running his thumb in circles on my back. After what felt like forever of crying I pulled out of Zander's hug but instantly regretted it as the cold air swarmed around me from all directions. Zander must have saw me shiver because he took his sweater off himself and put it on me. "It's ok Tina you are safe here. Don't worry I will become the alpha and you can become the luna and no one would dare to hurt my mate. No one would dare to even look at you the wrong way or I will personally show them what the consequences will be if they do. Tina?Would you marry me? Would you want to be my luna?" I was shocked. I mean I knew this was coming but I was putting it off. I'm not gonna be a good luna. "Oh Zander, you don't want me to be your luna and I can't even imagine what your pack would think." I was sure he wouldn't pick me but I guess I was wrong.  "Tina, love, they are gonna love you. If I love you they will love you. And yes I absolutely want you. Who wouldn't? You are strong and you are beautiful. You deserve this and much more." No one had ever said anything so wonderful but I knew I didn't deserve this or much more. All I knew is that I was in love with this boy and I didn't want to let him go. "Ok. But p-promise you won't hurt me. Promise?" He looked almost sad. "Tina I would never hurt you. Promise." Ok good as long as this was it. Just me and him and our future. No bruises, no crying, no pain. "I love you ,Tina." I smiled at his words. This boy didn't know how much he meant to me or what I would do to call him mine. I swung my arms around him and gave him a tight hug. "But Tina in order for us to be fully mated I need to do one last thing." "And what would t-that be?" I hadn't realized that we had to be mated. He looked at our intertwined hands. And suddenly it hit me. "Oh. That" I hadn't realized it before of course that was the last step. "We can wait if you want." "Well... let's do it a-and become fully mated. The sooner the better. R-right?" I had to admit I was little scared because I had never been so madly in love with someone. I would finally be able to make love to someone of my choice. Too bad that Zander couldn't be my first. He grabbed my hand and led me to his room. We both undressed until we were in our under garments. I had these butterflies in my stomach that were going wild. But as soon as I made skin contact with Zander they disappeared. I wrapped my arms around Zander's neck and pulled him closer. I was happy and at peace. My birthday is in a couple weeks and I would be eighteen so I wouldn't have to worry about my father after that. I just had to try and forget about my past and look at my future with my head held high. And the hope that I would never get hurt again. That I wouldn't get abandoned. That I would be loved. And that I would have a family of my own that I wouldn't let the get hurt.