Wedding Preparations

(the dress for the ceremony is right above)

               I pulled the blue dress out of Zander's trunk. "Oh my GOD!!" Zander's mother screamed. "I love it!!" She grabbed it out of my hand and ran into the house. I turned to Zander, "I love your mother. She is hilarious."I wrapped my arms around his neck. "I know so do I." He said while placing a gentle kiss on my forehead. "Ok, you love birds. Time to come inside and finish the wedding preparations." Zander's mother yelled through the screen door. I pulled out of the comfort of Zander's arms. "Well, let's go before she starts screaming so loud China can hear her." Zander always made fun of his mother but she never cared. "Fine" I said grabbing his hand and leading him into the house. We went into the house and for the next couple hours we just planned the wedding and we tried on our outfits. Of course, Zander and I couldn't see each other because it is bad luck or something, I don't know. It was almost mid-night when Zander's mother finally let us go to bed. I crawled in bed waiting for Zander. "I love you" He said while crawling in bed. " I love you too!" He grabbed my waist and brought me to him. I kissed him deeply and turned so my back was pressed into his back. We fell asleep in this position. I woke up to Zander's mother screaming at the top of her lungs. Zander and I along with all of Zander's siblings all ran into the kitchen. "Mother, are you alright?" Zander blurted out after we all caught our breath. "It's your wedding day! What are you and Tina doing in the same room!" Before I knew what was happening Zander was grabbed and shoved in the other room. For the next three hours, Zander's mother and sisters worked on my hair and makeup. I looked completely different. I looked pretty. I looked fake. It took me two more hours to get into my dress and get completely ready. The wedding was being held in their backyard. It was big and gorgeous. I was at the bottom of the stairs when the music started playing. Everything was going by so fast. I don't even remember leaving the safety of my room. But before I could dwell on this I was being walked down the aisle by Zander's mother. I was looking around at everyone's faces when my eyes landed on Zander. Om my god he was beautiful. His eyes glowed as he looked at me and I couldn't help but smile the biggest smile I could possibly make. Zander's mother handed my hand to Zander's. I was so lost in Zander's eyes that I didn't hear a word the pastor was saying. Until Zander said, "I do" I was then brought back into reality. "Tina, will take Zander to be your husband, your partner in life and your one true love? Will you cherish his friendship and love him today, tomorrow and forever? Will you trust and honor him, laugh with him and cry with him? Will you be faithful through good times and bad, in sickness and in health as long as you both shall live?" "I do" You have no idea how happy I was to say those words. I felt like the happiest person in the entire world. The priest said something I didn't hear because I was lost in Zander's eyes. Zander bent down and kissed me deeply but gently because we were in front of his entire family. When he pulled away the whole crowd cheered. After a while of dancing with strange men, I was finally handed back to the only man I wanted to be with, Zander. We danced until there was a gun shot. I stood frozen. I looked up at Zander to make sure that he didn't get hurt. He had a look of complete fear on his face. And at that moment I knew I got hit. I looked down and it had hit me right under my right breast. I looked up at Zander and I felt a tear slip down my face and then there was complete darkness. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please vote and comment your thoughts. Thanks for reading!