Chapter 27

(Lucy's POV)

1,2,3,4, my fifth time waking up in just a few hours. The house is deathly quiet and I can't stand the silence. The pills come to mind and I'm quick to jump out of bed and grab them from my desk. I pop off the lid and grab two of the pills. They slide down my throat with ease.

The time on the alarm clock reads 4:31 AM. I'm so tired, but my dreams keep me awake for what's to come next in my catastrophe of sleeping. I lie back down in the bed and wrap myself in the warm covers. I'm hoping the pills will kick in soon because I don't wan to sleep all day tomorrow, but I don't want to face the girls either.

After what seems like hours, I fall into a deep sleep.

When I wake up, it's dark out and I realize that I've slept through a whole day. I slept with no bad dreams and I slept for a long time too. The pills actually worked. I know I shouldn't take anymore right now so I decide to sit up and do something.

I stand up and unlock my door. I peek my head out and hope that no one else is awake. I tiptoe out of the room and down the stairs, trying my best to avoid creaking. None of the lights downstairs are on so I'm hoping that everyone really is asleep.

Heading into the kitchen, I mentally debate what I want to eat for right now. I just go for something simple, an apple.

The apple is a dark red and I wash it to clean it. When I bite into it, it has a juicy sweet taste to it.

I walk back into the living room and go towards the couch, grabbing the remote along the way. When the television turns on, I'm thankful that the volume is down low. I turn it down a bit lower before channel surfing. Nothing is really on so I look for something on Netflix.

I choose to watch a scary movie. The Possession seems to be the only thing captivating me so I choose to watch that.

The movie wasn't the slightest bit scary, but it was a good movie. When I look at the time, it's only 12:51. I choose to just stay up since I'm not really tired. Carla is an early riser so I think I'll watch two more movies and then go back up to my room.

The movie I was watching ends and I shut Netflix off and then the television. After everything is back to what it looked like, I quietly head back upstairs. When I'm safely in my room, I can't help the sigh that escapes my lips. It's 5:27 now and I still won't be able to sleep.

I want to take the pills again, but I don't want to get addicted or something. I choose to lie down and hope for sleep to come. When I see that I won't be able to sleep right now, I decide to take a shower.

The water gets hot fast and I'm quick to strip out of my clothes and slip into the shower. The water cascades down my back and over my shoulders relaxing my mouscles.

After I wash off and wash my hair, I step out of the shower and wrap a towel around my body. When I look in the mirror, I mean really look, I can tell how much weight I've lost. I'm looking a lot slimmer and I know that if I don't eat something bad will happen.

Ignoring the thought, I slip into my new night clothes and then clean the bathroom. When the bathroom is back in place, I leave with my old clothes and put them in the dirty clothes hamper.

There's a faint noise down the hall signaling someone must be awake. When I look at the time it reads 6:16. It may be Carla getting up and ready for another day. A sudden wave of tiredness rushes over me and I head straight for the bed. After a few more minutes, I doze off.

(Luke's POV)

"You can't just tell me that she's saying I can't take this to trial!" I shout at the lawyer.