chapter 3

{Rizes pov}

Dread seemed to pour down my spine like cold water. Nervously, I turn around to see a somewhat familiar face. Its him. I think, shaking as if I've been left outside all night in the cold.
Surveying my surroundings again, I think so hard my head hurts. I need a weapon. I swallow the lump in my throat and force my nerves to slow. I've never been in a fight before. I think trying to calm down. But, I don't have time to think only act.

I don't know what I'm going to do until Suddenly I'm doing it. My right elbow drives back like a piston, landing square in his belly. He grunts in an explosion of air and starts to fold up. What am I doing? I can't take on this guy, can I? Looking at him, I can see the frustration and hate in his dark brown eyes.

Who is he? I think watching his unsteady breaths. Why did he take me? I'm staring blankly at my possible murderer, before I hear a sudden noise. It sounds weak and scrawny, like a muffled cry of dispair. And then everything falls into place as I realize the scream's coming from me. The man covers his ears and balances toward me.

A voice whispers inside my head, "run Rize, run". Suddenly, I kick the stranger so hard in the side, I think I heard a snap. After that I'm running so fast my legs feel like they could fall off at any moment. Then all at once my ankle burns as if it was on fire. I try to stay steady and keep a good rhythm but I know I'm failing. At that point, my heart's racing . I can feel every beat in my ears, and in the hollow of my throat. Like a non ending lullaby. I can't help but be afraid that he's going to catch up and strangle me.

"Get back here!", His words go through me like a knife. I can hear his breathing, close behind me. He's catching up. Panting furiously, I ignore the pain and go full speed. Good thing I was in cross country. My eyes zip shut as I run faster and faster. Somehow I never imagined I'd die like this. But, if God says its my time, who am I to argue? No. no. I CANT give up! Not yet. Quickly, I open my eyes to feel a stinging sensation and a wetness covering my face

Wiping my tears, a sharp pain shoots up my body from the front of my ankle, seeing the trees and grass as I fall bring an unsettling pain in the pit of my stomach. My throat feels dry as I manage a shriveling scream before I feel a quick pain in my head and a never ending darkness takes over my will to get up.

~

When i finally awoke, I felt raw and slightly stiff, like I'd woken up from a very long sleep. Which it actually could of been. Reality comes all too quick when I feel the cold wood against my cheek. "Oh so your up?", I feel a jolt of pain in my side as he kicks me awake. "Thought you could escape, didn't you?", He laughs.

Trying to move my hands just shoots pain up my wrists. I'm tied up. My ankles and wrists in a double knot of sadness. I'm dead. "Fuck you", I mumble but it comes out as "fuuurg woo". My head aches and my mouth is dry. I look around to see an unfamiliar room. Are we in that cabin or? I try to scream but I cant...he has something over my mouth. Tape? Probably.

In all my life I've NEVER been in a situation like this. A broad smile spreads over his hideous face as he stares into my soul. What the hell does he even want? "We're going to have fun aye Zane?", He snickers as my vision steadies on a smaller figure beside him. "Are you high?", I try to ask. He just laughs and hits Zane's shoulder. "She's pitiful, isn't she?", the man asks zane , looking me up and down. E just nods and backs up, looking away.

Zane looks about my age with black shaggy hair and innocent eyes. He may be my way out. I stare at both of them thoughtfully before mustache leaves. "Don't kill her yet", he calls to zane before leaving. I glance around to see an empty cabin. There's literally nothing in here but a counter....Wait...Wait...what the...the items on the counter seem all too real.
Knifes, sissors, an axe, and..pliers. Is this some sort of torture room?

A devilish smile appears on Zane's once innocent face as he glares at me. "I don't know why the hell Fred brought some random chick here but...might as well make the best of it", his voice is deep and unsettling. My heart stops when he edges closer. A door closed in my head. Closed tight. Part of me had been wondering and worrying that this day was coming. I never thought it'd actually happen though.

He leans down and grasps clumps of my hair to pull my face to his. Staring into his dark blue eyes something loosens inside me until I feel pain all over. Unexpectedly, I'm across the room, he threw me in such an aggressive swing. My head hit the wall in an overwhelmingly painful way. Tears stain my face as I look up to see him laughing uncontrollably. How could someone be so cruel? At that moment, I decide these people were not human.

No sane person would kidnap some innocent girl and treat her like this. My mind whirled, not able to rest on anything. My head erupts with pain, so much I can't think. I close my eyes and try to go to my happy place. I start humming the lyrics to shatter me and try to imagine not being here. I wish I could teleport or disappear.

Suddenly, I hear "wimpy Little crybaby", he kicks me against the wall. My tears flow more evenly now. They flow all the way down my cheeks to the floor. I probably have broken ribs. Riiit! He slams the tape off my mouth and sets me up in a sitting position. "who are you?", He asks angrily. "Why would I tell you?", I sob. "Let me ask you something, do you value your life?", He asks in a icy cold voice. "Of course I do", my nose is runny and my eyes feel irritated.

"Then tell me your name", his voice seems drained. "It's Rize, not like it matters", I try to sound normal. I can't be afraid. Crying was the worst thing I could of done. Now he thinks I'm weak. But...that may be a good thing. Maybe if he thinks I'm worthless and a total baby he'll let his guard down. "How did you get here?" He asks eyeing my ankle. "Uh...I was kidnapped", I look down. "Right", his face twists.