chapter 2

{Eli's pov}

After receiving Rize's last text, I can't stop shaking. Somethings terribly wrong. I tried texting after her but....I haven't got anything back..in fact it just says sent. Thinking back to what she told me, I wonder who he could be? I mean she didn't give me much to go off of but still. This is MY Rize and I have to save her.

Fighting back tears, I call 911. "Hello, this is 9-1-1 what's your emergency?", A women's voice echos from my phone. "Yes ma'am my girlfrien- I mean friend is-uh I think she's been kidnapped", I spit at her. "Settle down young man", she lectures. "Tell me what you know", her voice is smooth and demanding.

"Well my friend-Rize rode her bike home and I think something happened ,because she said she was in some guys car then....she said it was nice knowing you...and I haven't heard from her since", worry spreads over my face like sunscreen on a hot day. "Okay son I'll see what I can do", she insures me before hanging up. I sigh and lay down. "Please let her be okay...please...please...please", for the first time in FOREVER I actually pray.

"God if you love me let her be safe...don't let her die....amen", I finish without opening my tired eyes. My dream is filled with awful thoughts, in fact I'd consider it a nightmare. "Run Rize, run!", I scream pushing her ahead of me. "No, we can do this together!", She forces my hand in hers and runs alongside me. Then in an instant she's gone. Her head rests gracefully on the ground in front of me, blood poured everywhere. My eyes go wide and my brain numb as my own cries fill the air.

My breath is gone as I jump awake. I sit up straight screaming. My mom comes in, "Eli what the hell is wrong with you?", She asks irritated. "RIZE DIED!", I yell hitting her. "ELI it was a dream!", She says hugging me. "No mom it was so real, I need to do something, I HAVE to help her!", I scream pushing her away. "Eli, there's nothing you can do, that girl's a bad influence anyway", she shakes her head.

"MOM I have to join the police, I can solve this case myself!", I throw on my shoes and run outside. I shove my cars side door open and inject my keys, taking off. Driving aggressively, I crash into the first parking space I see available, jump out, slam my door and bolt in. "ATTENTION MY NAME IS ELI AND I DEMAND ANSWERS!", I yell at everyone.

They all stare and a chubby lady coughs. Some woman in a uniform comes near me. "Sir, can you follow me?", She asks politely. "Ya", impatience fills my entire being. "I need ALL info on the missing of my girlfriend", I slam my hand down not even caring I said 'girlfriend' instead of just 'friend'. "And who's your girlfriend sir?", The woman asks looking through files. "RIZE", I shriek,my voice cracking,"I called earlier about her disappearance", I tell them trying to calm down.

"Take a seat and chill out", she tells me. "Okay", I say slumping down in a black chair. "Do you have her phone number?", She asks. "Of course I do!", I clutch the chairs arm. After she records Rize's number she asks me, "how long have you known this girl?" "ALL MY LIFE", I lose it. "Okay well we'll track her phone and start from there.

"THANK YOU", I jump out from my seat and hug the stranger. "Uh sir can you not?", She asks pulling me off. "NO my Rize's in danger and YOUR the only one who can help her!", I say blinking. "Okay", she says walking away. With relief over filling my body, I stand and head for the door.

~

When I get home, I stare at my wall for what feels like eternity. It's full of all my Wonderful pictures of me and Rize. She looks so happy in them...so joyful and cheerful. And the pictures vary, all from different time zones. All from different events, different memories.

Then all at once, this undescribable feeling I can't name twists inside me, like I've swallowed a piece of glass and it's slowly moving through my gut. What if she's dead..? Could I live with myself? No...no I couldn't. The pain is sharp and red. My palms ache and I feel dizzy all over. Slowly, I hug my pillow close to me, wishing it were her. My eyes are wet and before I realize it I'm weeping.

I wish this pain would go away. She's not even dead yet...I feel as if she is. NO. NO. I can't go on like this. I have to stand up. Be a man. For her. I feel a shock of anxiety, as I stand up wiping my tears away. I'll find her. I have to.

But what can I do? I'm just a dumb kid. At that a sudden, and short memory clouds my head,"you're not dumb, you're one of the smartest people I know", "you're such a terrible liar", I beamed at her. "No you", she said kissing my cheek. If only I could go back in time, back to that moment and....and make it more...more then just a kiss on the cheek.

Knowing reality, I can't do that. If only reality was just a word. Then maybe it would be possible. No matter how hard I fight, I can't help it. I truly love Rize and I'd do anything to keep her safe... anything to make her mine.

Looking at my watch, I see 1:30 am. Oh well, I'll head to the police station tomorrow. I'll take over their case. I'll find Rize myself. I just have to steal their information first. Later, I'll probably be rewarded as a police officer. Until then, I'll get a good nights sleep. Jumping onto my bed, I pray once more to have a sound sleep instead of one filled with nightmares. slowly my eyes close and I fall into a deep slumber.