Chapter 3

I couldn't stop pacing around the room. The guys were supposed to be home five days ago. "Wanda, calm down. They're going to come back. Maybe they couldn't find enough supplies. I mean, we have gained a lot more people in the caves." Melanie said, trying to calm me down. Although she looked calm, I can tell that she was worrying too. After all, Jared was out there. I know exactly what she felt. Ian was out there. My Ian was out there. I don't know how I could cope if something happened to him.

Me and Mel were in the kitchen when we heard voices coming from the cave entrance. "They're back. They're back!" Mel said. She ran out of the kitchen with me right at her heels. The first thing I saw was Melanie and Jared hugging. But then, I saw everyone's worried faces. Kyle was almost crying. "What happened?" I said, almost whispered. "He got taken. Ian." Andy said. That was the end of my self control. I fell apart. I fell to the floor and cried. "H-He promised... He p-promised he'd c-come back." I muttered. "Kyle, can you take her back to her room?" I heard Jared ask. I felt someone pick me up.

When I woke up, I hoped that the last few hours were all a dream. Ian would be at my side waking up any moment now. He would be safe. He wouldn't have silver in his eyes. It would be his perfect shade of saphire I always get lost in. He'll be with me. But the bed was empty other than me. Ian was not by my side. "You're awake." I looked up and Kyle was on the other side of the room. I started to say something, but realized that my throat felt really dry. But then Kyle threw a water bottle to me and I caught it. I smiled a thanks to him and gladly drank it."Look Wanda, I know how you feel. He was my brother. My only family left that's alive." I looked in his eyes. This was the only time I saw Kyle O'Shea scared, sad, and angry at the same time. "I wish I could tell you it'll be alright." I said when I finally found my voice. "We'll find him. We'll get him back. I promise Wanda." Kyle whispered.

•Flame Burns Bright's POV•

I opened my eyes and flinched away from the bright light. "Hello Flame Burns Bright. I am Healer Comet's Tail. I think there are some things you should know about your host first. He was a part of a human resistance. If he is too much for you to handle, you should tell me immediantly." I nodded.

Later that night, I was reading when I heard a voice.

Get out of my head. Get out NOW.

I gasped. How is it possible that he's still alive. How is he still in my head?

"What do you want from me? This is my body now." I said. I felt kind of silly talking to a voice in my head. But then, a sudden flashback played in my mind.

I stared at Wanda, watching the light reflect off her beautiful blonde hair. "I love you my Wanderer. I will never let anyone hurt you."

I wondered who the blonde woman was. She was beautiful. The voice in my head growled menacingly.

You weren't supposed to see that. I swear, if you give the seekers any information on my Wanda, I won't be afraid to hurt you once I get you out.

I winced at his brutal warning. I don't know what he meant by 'once I get out.' But all I know is that I have a feeling to not give the seekers any information on Wanda.

If you do exactly what I say, then I won't do something I won't regret. Pick up the phone and dial 678-385-9375(not my phone number)

I picked up the phone and dialed it. The voice that answered sounded in pain. Without even thinking, the host controlled me to say, "Wanda, this is Flame Burns Bright. I am inside of Ian's body. Meet me at 836 Noel Street. I'll be waiting." I hung up and was completely shocked. How could the host do that?

•A.N

I honestly did not intend to make a cliffhanger. But oh well. deal with it.•