Chapter One

Dear Diary,
It's been a month, and father is still sending "possible suitors" to me. Ethan and Elijah don't approve of any of them, meanwhile Grayson is making friends with each and every one of them. Just today I saw the suitor, Cameron here, giving Grayson instructions on how to run OUR family business. Father has also gifted me a pet, a pure black husky, that are extremely rare. I've named the little fellow, Sirius. Obviously because of my slight obsession with Harry Potter characters. I still hurt from the deaths of Dobby and Fred.

Yours truly,
Grace Chalen

"GRACE" Father yells, I quickly hide the book behind a ceramic fairy. I slide on my fluffy socks, and run down the stairs. "Yes father" I slide a little too far, and hit the floor. "My darling Grace" Father runs to my assistance, then yells for the boys.
They also run in, almost colliding into each other, "what did I tell you about these pranks around the house." They all remained quiet, "Elijah" father raises a brow. "It was Grayson, he and Ethan are having a prank war" he spoke quickly, getting snide comments from the twins.
"We can't have my precious jewel to be bruised, on the day that she meets, hopefully her last suitor" he mutters the last part under his breath. "What are trying to say, father" I laugh, "you want me out of this house" he rubs my shoulder. "Meanwhile I'm getting kicked out, and the boys get to stay here, causing havoc" I left the room.

"Oh Sirius" I pick up the small pup, and put it on my lap. "When will they learn, that I'm not just a trading card" I pet his hair, whilst looking down at the city.
Dozens of screams are heard, females crying. I set Sirius down, and gaze at the female teenagers surrounding a dark green Jeep. Security runs to their assistance, I watch as three males and one woman are quickly escorted into the house. "Let's go Siri" I quickly rush to the stairs.
"Monsieur Chalen" I hear a female speak, "Jacks, Madison" my father speaks. "We've brought the man, who is interested in your jewel" Gilinsky spoke. "Shall we see the lad" Elijah joined them. I walked down to the last step.
"Who are you" the twins spoke unison, they stood straight with their arms crossed. "I am Shawn Peter Raul Mendes, descendant of the Portuguese, Son of Manuel and Karen Mendes" he bows his head.
"Well Shawn, what makes you so worthy of our sister" Elijah spoke, putting his hands inside his trouser pockets. I've noticed how underdressed I was.

Madison wore a a black spaghetti strap with black leggings, her hair was loosely curled, she had a red flannel around her waist, with black and white high tops, let's not forget that gold bracelet. Jack Gilinsky wore a white T-shirt, a dark red blazer over it, torn faded blue jeans, with maroon slip ons. Jack Johnson wore a white and black flannel, black skinny jeans, and black high tops. Also don't forget the boys and matching wrist watches. The Chalen boys all wore black tuxes, to keep it classy, when was it ever under classed. Meanwhile I was dressed in all black adidas sports wear, although I wasn't working out, I was being lazy.

I watched Shawn, he wore a dark maroon T-shirt, a leather jacket, black skinny jeans, and black high tops.  Madison caught a glimpse of me, in her hand was small box. She presented it to my father, who hesitated. He whispered something to the twins, they started to walk to my bedroom. I scrambled up the stairs, locking myself inside.

"Grace" they knocked, "yes, we need to speak" Grayson spoke loud, "who's all out there" I question. "Just me and Grays" Ethan answered, "well speak to each other" I respond. "Oh you're so lucky, lil sis" Ethan hissed, and hit the door.
"What do you need from me, I'm changing" I pull out a t-shirt reading I'm somebody's DUFF with a faded black torn jeans, and black heels. "Should I wear makeup" I question out loud, "Grace we don't got all day."
I quickly apply some contour with lipgloss and mascara. Alright I'm finished, I leave he comfort of my room.

"Daddy" I walk up to him, he kisses my cheek as I stand beside him, the twins standing behind me. Sirius runs downstairs, and whimpers to be picked up. Elijah carries him in his arms. "What am I doing down here, are there more," I glance to Gilinsky. "He's not available, and you know that" Madison snapped. The twins stepped forward, I held my hand, "boys, it's not a fair fight" I did a fake pouty face towards Madison. Jack Johnson escorts her out.
"Miss Chalen, I present to you, a dear friend of mine and Jack, Shawn Mendes" Shawn steps forward. He's quite charming, "hello Miss..." I offer my hand which he kneels to kiss the backhand. "Grace, Grace Chalen" I nod.
"Now that the two of you have met, shall we celebrate with a small feast" I stared at Shawn. As he smiled, "thank you ever much, Monsieur, but I have some business to attend to" he nodded. "Ahh, Mr Mendes you sure keep yourself busy" my father smiles at Shawn.
Shawn and Gilinsky leave the room, my father and Elijah walk to the dining hall. "Ahh Mr Mendes, I do approve of you to marry my only daughter, that her brothers will murder if you get one toe out of line" Grayson did his best impression of father.