Chapter Eight

"Grace, open this door, RIGHT NOW" Grayson yells, while Elijah pounds the door down. "I'm up" I scream back at them. I open the door, "where were you last night" Elijah goes in between them holding a hand up so Gray remains quiet. "What do you mean" I glance through the two of them. "Grayson came back to retrieve you, but you weren't found at home, instead he called Shawn who brought you back" he raised his voice. "Is Ethan home" my eyes brighten up, Grayson is about to speak, Elijah shakes his finger, "no changing the subject" I rolled my eyes. Grayson finally realizes I tried to trick him.
"Have you told father" I show my puppy eyes, "yes, but he thinks Shawn is a savior for bringing you home safely" he sat on my bed.

"Today you will be seeing Mr Jason Cayley" Elijah announces, "its Jc Caylen, by the way" I frown, "I do not care" Elijah left, Grayson started to lecture, "Grayson" Elijah called him after. Grayson rolls his eyes and walks down the stairs.
I walk to my closet, inside is a calendar, written in it were notes from Shawn. There were drawings of Mario kart characters. And perfectly on the date of yesterday was a drawing of Mario and Peach. I smiled.

"You look gorgeous" Jc complimented me as I walked after him, walking to his car. "Thanks" I opened the door. "What's wrong" is hale my head, "nothing, so what is the agenda for today" I smile while buckling in.
"Well we are shopping for our clothes for my ball" I forgot all about it, "your ball takes place, when" I ask. "Hallow's eve" he responds, "Halloween, you mean" he nods.
"It's a masquerade, or costume party if you will" he smiles. I practically melt alongside him. He moves the hair out of his face. His name is shouted and repeated, as he starts the ignition on the car. Then drives away.
"What was that all about" I ask, "my best friend, Kian, I'm sure you met him, he's releasing his first movie and paparazzi has been following me since the premiere is showing in a few days"
"Are you going alone" I ask, he nods "that's another reason why I wanted to see you today."
"Miss Chanel, would you like to attend The Chosen's world premiere with me" I nod "I'd love to" he smiles wider. He pulls into a small shop, outside of town. "What is this" I get out, "Princesa this is Señorita Lopez, the finest dressmaker in the world" I blink my eyes, "I have my own tailor, at Mademoiselle's, near my home."

"Señor Castillo, I can't work with this, she's too" she starts mumbling in Spanish. "I get it, you just don't want to work on me because of my father and his industry" I argue. She looks at me, and snorts, "this one actually speaks our language" she shot at Jc, "she ain't even Hispanic" another girl exclaims laughing loudly. "What're are your costume themes" Jc smiles brightly.

"Well that was fun" he laughed, "that your tía dissed you about your ex" his smile disappeared. I call his name, grasping his hand, he yanks it away, "what the hell" I yell. I roll my eyes, and walk away. I start walking to the road. "Grace, Grace" he calls out my name, I keep strutting. He gets into the car, I hold my thumb out, walking beside the road. "Get in" he calls, "No" I shout back and walk the opposite road. He growls and starts driving down the road. I keep walking, I watch as he turns. He actually left, I screamed out loud. I hear a vehicle slow down, as I picked up a rock tossing it into the little ditch filled with water. Someone picked me up, I start screaming and kicking. They walk backwards so I wouldn't see their getaway vehicle. I scratch their arms, finally I kick where the sun ain't supposed to shine.
He curses loudly, dropping me, onto the slope towards the water, and starts to roll down. I watch as Jc grabs my heel, and pulls me down. I scream loudly as my shoes reach the water. Jc chuckles, "Karma" he groans, as he stands up.

"Gracie" the twins slid down and rescued me, "what are you doing here" I exclaim. Grayson carries me out of the ditch, and puts me in back of their truck. They lock the truck and walk back to Jc, I curse and start trying to open the door. "Child lock" I hit my palm against the window. I start to crawl to the front. "Don't even think about it" Ethan stands in front of the door, "E what is he doing to him" I ask, "sorry can't hear you" he shouts back. "Well open the door" I snarl, he opens it, guarding the open part. "I'd like fresh air, that doesn't smell like annoying twin number one" he rolls his eyes.
I look over and see Jc leaving the ditch, with a busted lip, I crawl to the other side and run to his aid. "Miss Chanel" he pleads, "just get into the passenger side" I take his keys, and get into his vehicle. "How'd you get away" he asks, "what happened to you, basically what did Grayson do" I ask. Pressing the gas, as I see the twins truck pull onto the road.