Chapter 5: Trying

**Authors's POV**

Jimin saw jungkook walking to his bed right after he congratulated hoseok hyung for his relationship with taehyung. he can see all the other members' eyes are tailing the younger's steps with confusion. 

"what happened to jungkook?" namjoon starts asking out of curiosity.

"he's just tired. we spent a whole day playing today. don't worry, he's fine." jimin tried to avoid eye contact with the other members. he doesn't want the members caught him not being honest. 

all of them just nod, and focused on the new couple again. they're are chattering happily with each other, teasing taehyung and hoseok. jimin keep his eyes on jungkook's room for a while before joining the other members. 

30 minutes passed and all of the members starts yawning and walked to their room. before namjoon gets to hold his door knob, jimin held his shoulder in hurry. 

"hyung, can i sleep on your bed today? i don't want to disturb the new couple for tonight." jimin making excuses to namjoon. 

"where am i supposed to sleep then?" namjoon was not interested in jimin's idea. he turns his back on jimin and open the door of his bedroom. 

"you can sleep with jin hyung.." jimin starts throwing baits to namjoon so that he'll agreed to let him sleep in his shared room with jungkook. 

namjoon stood still there for a while before grinning. he nods and starts walking into jin's room and closed the door after he enter's jin and yoongi's room. jimin sigh a bit before turning his head into the room where jungkook was sleeping soundly. he stood there for a while, watching jungkook on his bed. 

jimin's heart was crushed. he didn't know which one hurts more, seeing jungkook fallen apart or seeing his own heart broken into pieces. jimin couldn't help himself. he was hurt so bad seeing jungkook fallen into despair because of other guy than him. his eyes starts to build up a pool of tears as he watch the younger boy sleeping in sadness. 

he closed the door and walked to jungkook. he crawled into jungkook's bed and hug him tightly. his tears are falling down one by one indicating that his heart is broken too. 

"jungkook ah, i will protect you. i won't let you feel any of this pains. i promise!" jimin kiss jungkook's temple gently, afraid that his actions might wake jungkook up. 

jungkook snuggle into jimin's embrace. his face expression was a little bit calmer than before. both jimin and jungkook fell asleep, hugging each other tightly. 

**Jungkook's POV**

i opened my eyes the next morning feeling miserable but a little bit in ease. i felt like i was sleeping in someone's embrace. but nobody's here. i'm all alone. taehyung was probably sleeping with hoseok last night. snuggling into each other's crook. my eyes starts to get teary. slowly, tears are running down on my cheeks. 

i can hear some noises from outside of my room. everything is normal. nobody knows how crushed i am right now. i gotta act like nothing happened. but am i strong enough to do that? am i able to watch my beloved person, the love of my life with someone else? 

jungkook sniff a little before jump out of his bed. he walks to the bathroom and clean himself up. he didn't want anyone notice any changes in him. slowly, he walks into the living room. as usual, in the morning, yoongi and namjoon are nowhere to be seen. either they're in the studio writing lyrics or in their bed sleeping soundly. he saw jimin and jin in the kitchen. indeed, jimin didn't know how to cook and he didn't help jin much but still, jimin is jin's favorite 'son'. he loves jimin being clingy to him every seconds. that's why jimin will spends his morning with jin in the kitchen. usually taehyung will follow jimin or jungkook around. but this morning he saw, taehyung with hoseok in the living room, watching tv, hand in hand. jungkook hurts! he wanted to cry. 

'i was supposed to hold his hand like that, not him!' he shouted in his heart while clenching his fist. his eyes getting teary watching the sweet couple giggling in front of him. 

jimin saw jungkook as he went out of the kitchen to wake jungkook. but he saw jungkook, standing, watching both hoseok and taehyung in teary eyes. he runs towards jungkook and grabbed his arms, pulling him into the kitchen, away from the new couple. 

"jungkook ahh, come here~ jin hyung make us a delicious banana pancake today! you do loves banana don't you? why don't you try some of this?" jimin tried to distract jungkook. 

"jimin was begging me to cook this for you. now try it and tell me how it taste" jin hands jungkook a spoon and fork. 

jungkook smiles towards his hyungs, hiding his true feelings. he digs in the banana pancake and take a mouthful of the pancake.

"hyung! this is so good! i love it!" jungkook tried to be cheerful. he starts eating the pancake like a hungry person. jin was so happy to see jungkook eat his homemade pancake. he turn his back while smiling widely to make some more pancake for the other members.  

jimin was looking at jungkook. he could see it. he could see that jungkook was trying hard to hide his feelings. he could see that jungkook was not being honest with his feelings. he knew that deep inside, jungkook wanted to cry as much as he can. knowing the fact, jimin also feels like he could burst into tears too. he couldn't see jungkook suffering like this. he thought to himself that he need to do something! he needs to fill in jungkook's loneliness with happiness! he would do anything to protect his beloved person! 

'jungkook ah, i promise that i'll make you happy. Always!'

#############################################

yeah.. my biased is obviously park jimin... 

look how cute our maknae in that picture!!!!