Chapter 3

Chapter 3

The day after the mission that almost killed Gray, He was told to get as much rest as possible, to rebuild his strength. Master then turned to Natsu and told him that he could stay by Gray's side as long as he wants, but who would pull the dragon slayer from Gray's side now. Natsu clearly needed to be with him, know that he is still alive and wont wake up to it all just being a dream and having Gray actually be gone.

Master knew everything Natsu had gone through, ever since he had shown up at the guild he had been carrying a burden, one that would never go away until he found what caused it. Then Natsu met Lisanna and Master could see that the girl cheered the dragon slayer up tremendously, he also noticed that a certain raven made him happy as well, no matter how many times those two would fight, Gray made Natsu happy.

Then Natsu found that egg, when it hatched he had another one he could call his friend, Happy. Natsu was so cheerful since then, but that didn't last long, the day Lisanna never came back from a mission was the day another crack had appeared in his heart. He distanced himself for a while, but it was Gray who brought Natsu back, he helped Natsu, made him happy again but it was only when Lisanna came back was when Natsu returned to his old self.

The day came where Natsu finally found Igneel only to have him get killed right in front of his eyes. More than one crack appeared in the dragon slayers heart and he became depressed but once again Gray managed to bring him out of that darkness, it took a while but Natsu returned to his cheerful self, up until two weeks ago, Master noticed something had changed, something happened between Natsu and Gray.

The days Natsu barely showed up at the guild had frightened everyone and worried Master quite a lot, then the day that Natsu didn't show up at all he had planned on sending Erza, Lucy, Gray and Happy to go get him but Gray had already bolted out of the guild, Master knew something terribly wrong was going to happen if Gray had been the one to go first. Master sent the rest of the guild after Gray, they all had a right to know what was going on but they weren't expecting to see what they did. Gray had saved Natsu that day, the master still hung his head at the thought that he had almost lost one of his children forever, twice. Gray had saved the dragon slayer so many times that Master was positive that Gray could save him again and bring him back to his old self, but he also worried that if Natsu lost one more thing that means the world to him, even if Gray was still here, they would lose him forever.

Natsu layed curled up next to Gray in the infirmary, he had layed his head on the ice mages chest so he could listen to his heartbeat. He almost lost him, and Gray almost lost Natsu the same day. He sighed. 'I'm a mess' He fell asleep listening to Gray's heartbeat.

The next day Gray awoke to find Natsu asleep on his chest. He smiled a little but it soon faded when he realized where he was to.

Master walked in after Gray had sat up and settled Natsu down on his lap.

"Gray, I have something to tell you."

He nodded for the master to continue.

"I want you, Natsu, and the rest of the team to go on a two month vacation. You and especially Natsu need it. I have already told Erza and she gathered your things and Natsu's as well so don't worry about that, when you are ready you can meet them downstairs and head out."

Gray smiled "Thank you Master."

The Master nodded. "Take care of him child...and take care of yourself as well." With that said he left.

Gray ran his fingers through Natsu's hair and watched as that made the dragon slayer curl closer to him and grip his shirt. Gray sighed and shook Natsu. The fire mage woke up and looked at Gray.