Chapter 9

Chapter 9

everything seemed to be back to normal, well almost everything, The guild had been rebuilt but Natsu was still down in the dumps. He was pretending again, some day's you didn't notice the small hesitation of that smile and other days he wouldn't smile unless someone spoke to him.

Gray had talked to the master about finishing their vacation, it was agreed to but he also said that all of Fairy Tail would be going as well, everyone could use a vacation now.

Gray made his way back over to Natsu's table and told him the news. "Hey"

"Hey.."

"Well I talked to gramps, he said the entire guild is going on vacation for one month but whoever wants to can stay longer if they so desire." Gray smiled at the dragon slayer

Natsu nodded "When do we leave?" As soon as the words slipped past Natsu's lips Master shouted.

"Okay! Everyone go home and pack, we are taking a one month vacation as of now, we meet at the train station in 2 hours!"

Everyone cheered and rushed home to pack up. Natsu and Gray's things had been brought back to their apartment so they headed back there to pack up. That's when it dawned on Natsu that he lived with Gray in his apartment and that last night he could have slept there, instead he was so defeated he had forgotten and went back to his old home.

Once they finished packing they decided to grab something to eat, it only took then 30 minutes to pack so they had an hour to kill before heading to the train station which would take up the rest of the time they had to spare.

"Hungry Natsu?"

As he was about to answer his stomach decided to answer for him by letting out a loud growl.

"I'll take that as a yes aha" Gray chuckled at the fire mage before heading into the kitchen. Natsu followed him and snaked his arms around Gray from behind and also burying his face into his shoulder. "You alright Natsu?"

"Yeah, i'm just happy you're here, with me." Natsu hugged him tighter.

"Hey, I thought I told you I'm never leaving? Didn't I say that?" Gray grinned

"You did, I just wanted to hear you say it again!" Natsu smiled against Gray's shoulder. Gray felt it and smiled as well.

"Alright well I have to cook now."

"Can't you cook this way?"

"Yeah probably" Gray was still smiling as he brought some bacon in a frying pan over to the stove.

Natsu never let Gray go as he cooked the bacon, he sniffed the air a few times. "That smells really good!"

'Well at least his appetite is coming back again.' Gray smiled and fed him a piece of bacon. "If it smells so good then how does it taste?"

"Amazing!"

"Good to know!" Gray chuckled

Natsu finally let go and leaned on the counter. Gray handed a plate to him and had one for himself. When they finished eating they realized they wasted a bit too much time and they now had to run to the train station. "Race ya" Gray said as he sprinted off.

"Hey! Get back here!" Natsu sprinted off after him. They both made it to the station at the same time, they bickered on about who won until Erza broke it up.

Everyone was already on train, Gray dragged Natsu onto the train and they found their seat, the whole team was sitting together along with Wendy and Carla.

"I'm excited for this! I wanted to come along last time but I was out on a job!" Wendy exclaimed.

"We're happy you both came along as well as the entire guild too" Lucy smiled at Wendy.

"I'm sorry I couldn't cast Troia on him" Wendy frowned at Natsu's sleeping form on Gray's lap.

"Eh, It's alright, it 's better if he's asleep" Gray smiled.

Erza and Lucy smiled with childlike smiles, 'They are so cute together' They both thought.

After three hours passed everyone got off the train, some decided to go looking around while other's went to the Inn. Gray carried Natsu princess style to the Inn.

Natsu woke up before they reached it and groaned while burying his head in Gray's chest. "Put me down...This is embarrassing.."

Gray chuckled and put him down on his feet. Natsu swayed a little before getting his balance back. "So where are we going first?"

"How about we go drop our stuff off in our room and then go walk around for a bit?"

Natsu nodded. "Sounds good"

They made their way to the Inn and grabbed their room key, they had room 12 while Erza, Lucy and Wendy had room 15. Levy had a room with Gajeel and they happened to be right across the hall from Natsu and Gray.

Natsu jumped onto the bed and layed there for a little bit. Gray dropped off the bags and unpacked his stuff. Natsu soon got up and unpacked as well. Once everything was unpacked and they freshened up they left the Inn and started walking through the town.

"I wanna go back to the hot spring, that was so relaxing!"

"Yeah we can do that, later though I want to look around the market for a bit, is that okay?" Gray asked

"Yup that's fine with me" Natsu reached for Gray's hand and intertwined their finger as they walked to the Market area.

They passed a few of their guild mates who smiled at them as they walked past. Gray pulled Natsu over to a shop that sold baked goods such as cookies, cakes, pastries and more.

Natsu almost started to drool when he caught a whiff of the freshly baked cookies. Gray chuckled and bought some for them to share. They stopped at a park bench and sat down to eat the cookies.

Once they finished those off, Natsu dragged Gray to the hot spring. More of their guild mates were there and they all smiled when they saw Natsu and Gray.

The rest of that night was mostly Gray and Natsu splashing each other once again while the others got annoyed at not being able to relax properly, then they would join in on the splash war, at least most of them. They were all laughing, Natsu as well, some of them didn't laugh though, just grunted in annoyance but they did smile when Natsu laughed, it had been a while since everyone heard a real laugh come from the dragon slayer.

Gray looked at Natsu and thought 'I need to talk to him tomorrow.'