Chapter Three

Today I didn’t have Mr Barakat- Jack for class and I was kinda bummed out about that but I still couldn’t get over that kiss. My first kiss was with a really good looking teacher but a teacher. Not a student, not Alex, a teacher. “You alright Carl?” Zack asked waving his hand in front of my face as I blinked a few times and looked at him.

“Yeah, I uh was thinking,” I said and he nodded his head. Rian was off school and Alex was nowhere to be found, probably with Lisa and her clique and I was right. I looked over the other side of the lunch hall and saw him feeding Lisa with some grapes and giving each other the occasional kiss as I wanted to throw up. Alex looked round but I quickly averted my eyes to Zack. “So anything you wanna blurt out?” I asked him and he sighed.

“I think I might like a girl…” he trailed off and my eyes widened. Zack hardly likes any girl so this was new.

“Who is it, spill the gossip,” I giggled and he nodded his head smiling.

“Her name is Sierra-“

“Wait? The new girl Sierra Collins?” I asked and he nodded his head. “Awe, but she’s been here since the start of the week, have you spoken to her?” I asked him but he shook his head shyly. “Dude, you have to speak to her,” I said. “Look she’s over there with some of her new friends; why don’t you go over there and ask her out,” I said and he still sat there. “Now!” I ordered and he nodded his head and I watched him walk over to her. She was really pretty and came here from New Mexico but she already knew a lot of English but with her tanned, amazing body and her long, silky brown hair; all the guys are swooning round her. I could tell he was nervous because he was shaking and I found that really cute but then it hit me. If they go out; I will be the single one. Everybody will go off with their loved ones while I’ll be a loner. I didn’t realise that Zack was already back at the table and he had a stupid grin on his face. “So, what did she say?” I asked.

“She said yes!” he grinned and I squealed happily because let’s face it, they will be cute together.

“Awe Zacky that’s so cute where are you going to take her?” I asked.

“Well I’m going to take her to the cinema and see something on Saturday and then after take her out to dinner.” he smiled and I awed.

“That’s honestly so adorable-“ The bell went and it was time for us to go into English.

We headed to English and as we walked in; I saw Jack sitting in our teacher’s seat looking at a piece of paper. “Alright class let’s get in please,” he ordered and soon as he looked up from the piece of paper he looked straight at me and smiled. I awkwardly smiled back but then looked away to speak to Zack.

“Where’s the teacher?” I asked him.

“I have no clue but I’m happy we have him for a cover, he’s cool.”

“Yeah cool…” I trailed off and looked at Jack.

“Alright class Mrs Heather has written that you guys are watching a film yes?” he asked and we nodded our heads since it’s a new topic we’re doing and I’m happy to watch some films. He put the DVD on Romeo and Juliet on and soon we were confused with the hard talking in Shakespeare time. As we were watching it; I could feel eyes on me and I looked across the room to see Jack staring at me. I looked down blushing that I caught him staring but I didn’t hear him get off his chair and tapped me on the shoulder; signalling to get out of class.