Chapter 9

Jenny's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I serve dinner to everybody on a plate and get their drinks for them.

"Hey, babe, do you like it?" I ask Jerome.

"Mmmmmm," he says through a mouthful with a thumbs up.

"Everybody like it?" I ask

"Yeah, thanks, Jenny," everybody answers back.

"Honey? Aren't you going to eat?" Jerome asks me.

"Oh, well, I'm not hungry," I say.

"Really?" he asks, shocked. I never miss a meal.

"Yeah," I say.

"Come here," Jerome says grabing my hand and pulling me up to our room when he finishes his meal.

"What?" I ask as he gently closes the door.

"All right, now, what's wrong?" he asks me.

"Nothing," I say trying to be convincing.

"Come on, sweetheart, you never miss a meal! Why aren't you hungry. What's wrong? Are you sick or something?" he asks feeling my forehead.

"No, I'm not sick," I say

"Okay, good. But, seriously, Jenny, what's wrong? You can tell me anything. I love you," he says stroking my hair that's up in a high ponytail.

"Jerome, I love you, too. I-I.....I...." I try to start.

"You what? Are you okay? Are you homesick?" he asks, a scared look comes across his face.

"Yeah. Homesick. I'm sorry, Jerome," I say and lean in to his chest and sob, cry, and sniffle.

"You have no reason to be sorry, honey. It's okay. Homesickness is completely normal, pumpkin. This is your home now, right? This is our home, right?" he says as he now sit on the bed and he cradles me to comfort me.

"Yeah, it is. And you're right, I shouldn't be homesick, this is our home. Thank you, Jerome, I love you" I say with a sniffle.

"No problem, babe," he says and I look up at him. He is smiling. I smile back.

He then jumps up and helps me up. "Hey, you go to the top of the stairs and I'll go to the bottom, okay?"

"Why?" I asks wiping away my tears.

"Because, little-miss-beautiful, we are going back down stairs, okay?" he says.

"Okay," I say smiling.

We walk towards the stairs and he runs down them to the bottom and I pause at the top.

"Okay come on down! Slowly-ish though!" he yells up to me. I answer him with a thumbs up.

I slowly-ish walk down the stairs and he takes my hand and lifts me into his arms. He then carefully fits his mouth perfectly to mine.

I pull away after about two minutes. "Wait a second," I say.

"What is it, sweetheart?" he asks.

"Mitch always does this with Lilac. How come you're doing it?" I ask.

"Well, you like what Mitch does to Lilac. I talked to Mitch while you were cooking and he taught me how to do a few things you like him to do to Lilac," he says

"Why? I don't care, I love you the way you are! That's them! This is us! Why are trying for us to be like them?!" I shout, swinging myself out of his arms and running back upstairs, crying, wiping away my tears.

I get to my room and slam it shut. "MITCH!!" I scream at the top of my lungs angrily.