Chapter 17

Jenny POV

------------

I come home and see everybody sitting and talking in the livingroom.

"Oh, hey, pumpkin," Jerome says when he sees me. I wave back. I exchange glances with Lilac. She looks uncomfortable.

"Lilac, come with me. I wanna show you what I got," I say.

"Okay," Lilac says and we go upstairs.

"Ashley was sitting next to Mitch, " she says sort of angrily.

"I saw. That's why I brought you up here. And I wanna ask you if you think Jerome would like this," I say pulling out a flowy pink dress, that has a pocket on the left upper corner, short sleeves, and skirts out all the down to an inch past my knees.

"Oh, Jenny,  that's beautiful! Where did you get it? Did they have a dark purple one?" she asks.

"Thanks. I think he'll love it! Oh, they actually did have a deep purple one," I say.

"REALLY?! What's the store?!"

"You don't need that information."

"Yes, I want a dress like that! The deep purple one! Tell me where you got it!"

"Why have you go out and get one when I already got it for you?" I ask, smiling and pulling her dress out of the bag.

"JENNY!!!"

"You're welcome!" I say with a smile.

"Oh, thank you, so much!" she says, hugging the dress.

I sit down on my bed and sigh.

"Is something wrong?" she asks me.

"Yeah. Jerome and I have have been together for around 5 years. Probably 4. But, I don't know if he wants to...marry me. I don't know, I just don't know," I say.

"Do you want me ask him? I can, you know."

"Mm, I don't know. Let's just wait to find out about this, okay?" I say.

"Sure, no problem. I bet he does want to marry you. He might just think it's a bit early, you know? I mean, we just got out of high school and we just moved in here. But I don't know, " Lilac answers.

"Thanks. Do you wanna go down and fix up dinner?" I ask.

"Sure, let's go," she says.

We go downstairs and start making dinner.

-----------