The institute

I sprint to the institute, i have to get there quickly, nothing that could take to long. I have a rune to make me faster, so help me keep going. Not that i need it for that, i know i need to keep going. I need to find tessa. When i arrive at the institute door i knock hard and slump against the wall next to it. I can't breathe, air refuses to enter my lungs, and i know for a fact that its nothing to do with the running. I was supposed to protect her! Why couldn't i protect her?
I keep my place. crouched on the floor and feeling like my heart has been pulled from my body, but i keep knocking somebody needs to answer the door. They have to help me, they have to help her. After what feels like a whole hour of knocking the heavy door swings open andthere he stands.
Jace.
But for the first time in my life its like i dont care. I have no feelings for him because theyre all used up with the problem at hand. I look at his face, those beautiful golden eyes that used to be able to hypmotise me with a sinle glance. The thick golden curls i used to dream of running my fingers through and that jawline im sure he could use to kill a demon. He was beautiful, but it didnt matter.
I still cant breathe and i think the lack of oxygen is getting to me now. Everything around me is like a dull monotone, i think i hear him calling for help and i feel him pick scoop me up into his arms. Im going to pass out. I can feel it coming, i need to tell him. He needs to help her. As i feel darkness surrounding me and consciousness slipping away i know i dont have time to explain...

"They've taken her jace, she's in trouble!"
"Shh shh shh clary, im taking to the infirmary, dont speak, youll just make it worse."
"You dont understand jace, theyve taken her, they've taken our daughter."

And with that i left the conscious world behind me and difted into one of sleep.