Chapter Eight- Yes, My Lord?

A/N- No imatture comments about the picture above please. Still a girl writing this got it!?

...

Charlotte probably should have known better than to take Selena up on a bet like that but here she was adjust a bow and her cuffs. It would have been nice to have seen the getup before vowing to wear it everyday until Y/N got an actual maid. Charlotte didn't know the first thing about making tea or doing much anything outside fighting and flirting. She brushed off her skirt and put on a smile. Retainers get paid more anyways. She exited her new room and came face to face with Selena. She had yet another flower but this time tucked behind her ear. It seemed the young lord was quite the flirt himself. “Did you have a nice time on your outing with the young master?" Charlotte asked with practiced cheerfulness. Selena smiled “Not bad. I mean he's gonna see right through you but at least the uniform fits. I'm gonna kill this girl. Charlotte thought to herself maintaining her smile “Well I'd better get going." She started off to her Selena snickering “Dont skip too much" Charlotte clenched a fist and walked down the hall.

You had been working on your papers for a while. Leo hadn't been lying. Work really did pile up while you were gone. You set your pen down and opened a new jar of ink. You sighed and leaned back in your chair. You hadn't been this bored in two years. At least in Hoshido they let you do things. You closed your eyes and took a deep breath. Father didn't trust you anymore. Since it was apparently your fault for getting kidnapped the second you stepped outside the castle. You stood up and stretched. For the longest time you had shared a room with your little sister Elise but now they had moved you and Corrin to a room in the castle. After all you'd been through. You would refuse to speak with father but that never ended well. There was a knock on the door. You crossed your arms. You didn't really want to speak with anyone but it was your duty as a prince of Nohr to answer when called you supposed. “Enter." you said a little more dissapointedly than you had been trying for. The door open and a girl with blonde hair and light baby blue eyes peeked in “Master Y/N?" You raised an eyebrow “Master?" She bowed “Is there somethin else you'd prefer to be called?" You walked back to your desk “Uh is something going on? Did Leo put you up to this to get me back for earlier?" She shook her head “Dont be silly young lord." You drummed your fingers on the desk “My name would be fine Charlotte." You looked up a you in surprise. “You know my name?" You shrugged “Yeah Silas has mentioned you before although I am surprised to see you here in those clothes of all things." She laughed nervously “Well I got what one would call a promotion" You glanced back at her more than slightly bored “How is being forced to serve some bored depressed prince a promotion?" She went silent for a bit until blurting “I can't make tea so..." You stood up and walked to the door “You coming or will I be instructing myself on how to prepare tea?" Charlotte decided to follow and you both made your way to the kitchen. It was fairly empty since lunch had already been several hours ago so you were able to find the right cupboard. You pulled down a kettle and four teacups. With years of practice clear in your movement you filled the kettle brought it to a boil and took down some tea. “Now depending on what your serving there are two different ways to prepare tea." You dropped two small tea bags in two of the cups and poured water on top of them “For the mixes in the bags you simply pour the water over the top of the bag and remove it after three minutes" poured more water into the kettle and waited three minutes. Your removed the tea bags and took the kettle of the stoves “And for mixes not in a bag"- you pulled out a small spoon- “You add three scoops for each person drinking and three more for good measure, let it steep for three minutes and serve with additives in the side" you put the mixes away and sighed. “Is something wrong?" Charlotte asked. You picked up the kettle carefully and poured the tea into the remaining two cups. You handed one to Charlotte and snapped for the other two to be sent to Corrin and Camila. “I thought this day would go differently is all." You added a bit of sugar to your tea and took a sip. “I guess it was stupid to beleive things could go back to the way they were." You closed your eyes “I miss it."

...

Charlotte hesitated no one, no royal, had ever been this open with her. “miss what?" She saw him sigh quietly but then smile a bit eyes still closed “When I could take a walk outside by myself, go study in the courtyard, having freedom. There are times when I think-" he caught himself “I shouldn't be troubling you with this." He set his cup on the counter and walked out the door. She supposed to his room. Something seemed to be worrying him. But what worried her was why she found herself caring.