Chapter 1-Forgetting Something?

Nicole's POV

"Come on! Hurry up we're going to be late!" Niall yelled to me from my front door. I couldn't find my phone anywhere! I searched every inch of my apartment! "OK Niall, I will be right there!" I yelled back. Niall and I were going on a trip to Paris for a week together. I can't wait! It is going to be so much fun! We have been dating since our Senior Year of High School. Even though it was hard to make our long-distance relationship work, we found a way and we are still together. We both got out of college last year. I am temporarily working at the Apple Store at the mall until I can find a more suitable career to settle on. Niall owns a recording studio nearby and he sometimes sneaks in and records his own songs. He is an AMAZING singer. He should try out for the X-Factor someday!

***

YAY! I found my phone! I grabbed my phone and jammed it into my purse. I ran back into my room and got my suitcase. As I ran out the door and into the elevator, my suitcase flying behind me, I didn't realize that I forgot something. NIALL!

I clicked the elevator button to open the doors. I walked out of it as soon as they opened.

"Forgetting something?" Niall said, chuckling.

"Hahaha I'm so sorry, Niall I was in such a rush!" I said as I walked back over to my front door. I guess I had just rushed right by him when I was leaving! Haha OOPS! Awkward :|

Niall laughed and a grin spread across his face. "Come on, let's go!" Niall said as he reached out to take my suitcase for me. What a gentleman!

We walked into the elevator and I clicked the 'L' button for "Lobby". As soon as the elevator stopped, we rushed out of it and through the doors of my apartment building. We practically trampled into the taxi that was waiting for us outside.

**************************************************************************

Wow! I thought to myself. I looked at my surroundings. I saw thousands of people walking around, pulling suitcases. I had never been in an airport before! It was HUGE! The ceilings were super high. There were small shops and restaurants everywhere! It was like a mini mall! I wonder if all the airports in New York City are like this. Niall started laughing at the expression I had on my face. I quickly snapped back to reality and continued walking.

************

As we were waiting for the plane to start boarding Niall asked me if I wanted something to eat. I replied, "Sure! That would be great!" I watched as Niall disappeared into the crowd. I reached into my purse and felt around for my phone. I reached for my headphones too. I plugged them in and started listening to music.

"And we'll never be royals, royals!

It don't run in our blood

That kind of luxe just ain't for us

We crave a different kind of buzz

Let me be your ruler, ruler you can call me Queen Bee

And baby I'll rule, I'll rule I'll rule I'll rule! Let me live that fantasy!" I sang not realizing how loud I was being. I quickly stopped singing once I saw that practically everyone in the airport was looking at me like I was a freak. A little while later, Niall returned.

"Here is your food!" Niall said as he handed me the hot sandwich. I turned it over and it said 'Chick-fil-A' in big red letters.

"Thank you, Niall!"

"No problem."

There it was. That smile that I had fallen in love with. Those dimples that dance on his cheeks whenever he smiles. Soon I realized that I had been staring at him and I blushed. I cleared my throat, breaking the awkward silence.

"Flight 24 is now boarding, flight 24."

"That's us!" I said, jumping out of my seat. I grabbed my suitcase and my purse, Niall following right behind me with his suitcase and we walked over to the ticket lady. We handed her our tickets and moments later she handed them back and said, "Have a nice flight!"

"Thanks!" Niall replied.

We got on the plane and sat in our seats. "I call the window seat!" I said quickly.

Niall just laughed and said, "OK, fine. But on the way home I get to sit there!"

"Alright, alright!" I said, throwing my hands up in the air like I was surrendering.

We both cracked up at how immature we sounded. As soon as we finished laughing, the pilot started speaking on the intercom. Even though she was telling us important instructions about what to do in case of emergency, it seemed like nobody was paying any attention. Including Niall. I leaned over and whispered to him, "Shouldn't everyone be paying attention in case of an emergency?"

Niall just laughed, "Oh please, nobody ever listens to that. We will be fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I am sure."

All I could say was, "OK, whatever you say Niall..."

I leaned back over to the window and looked outside. I repeated the words he said to me in my head. "We will be fine."

He was right. There was nothing to worry about! I was just being silly!

But little did I know what would soon happen on that flight...

___________________________

CLIFFHANGER!

Hey guys! I hoped you liked this chapter! Please comment, vote, give me suggestions, and/or tell me how I'm doing! I need some feedback because this is my first fanfic. Thanks for reading! I will update as soon as possible.