Chapter 7

Abraham, Adam, and I walked into the house that seemed it could barely be capable to hold so many people. Especially a high school party.

We walked further inside the house which started to reek of liquor and cigarettes. I felt someone tug on my arm as I walked. I turned to be face to face with Candy.

"You made it!" She brought me into a hug that almost suffocated me, literally. She pulled away and I noticed her eyes were red.

"Have you been drinking or doing drugs?" I asked her and she shrugged.

"Maybe. Now, come on." She pulled me towards the kitchen. I don't even know where Adam and Abraham are at.

Oh well.

Candy opened a cabinet and pulled out a margarita glass. She raised it in the air, as if asking if I'd be okay with it.

I shrugged and sat down on the counter that was packed with boxes of beer and other stuff.

Candy made my margarita as I sat there. Soon enough she finished and handed it to me. She grabbed a beer and saluted it with me as we chugged down our drink.

It was refreshing and satisfying. The only times I actually drank were at parties like these. I also wasn't a type to get drunk, I liked to enjoy and remember the night.

"You look goood today." She slurred out good and I laughed.

"Thanks." I finished my drink then put the glass in the sink.

"Let's go over there." Candy grabbed my wrist and directed me across the house. She pulled me to a crowd of guys who were playing a game of billiard ball.

I awkwardly stood there as I saw Candy go up to one of the guys who I recognized to be David. She whispered something in his ear and he looked up at me, smiling.

I wonder what she was telling him. She then finished with a laugh and motioned for me to go to where they were. So I went.

As I walked towards them, I heard one of the guys to my right whistle. I flipped him off which caused for him to laugh.

"Hey." I told David as I stood near Candy. David had his arm wrapped around her waist.

"What's up, Diana. You enjoying the party?" While he talked, his eyes were half way closed signaling he'd been drinking as well.

"Yeah. The party's alright." I said with a laugh.

"It's because you don't have no one to be with Diana. Go mingle." Candy told me. It might have sounded offensive in another persons view, but to me, it was normal. Candy always wanted me to 'interact' with others.

"You're right. I guess I will." I gave her a quick hug and said bye to David. He didn't even notice as Candy engaged him in a longing kiss.

I walked away from them and headed to the bar they had in the back.

"Could I please get a shot?" I asked the bartender who I noticed was a junior at our school. He nodded and poured me a drink.

I was about to drink it when I was interrupted.

"Hi Diana." I heard that voice again. The one and only Erick who now seemed to be everywhere I was.

I put my drink down and smiled at him. "Hey. I didn't know you partied." I smiled at him. I looked down at my shot and mixed it around.

"Yeah actually. I'm a party guy I guess you could say. So you drink?" He raised his eyebrows and pointed to the shot that was still in my grasp.

I looked down at it then back at him. "Is that a bad thing?" I said unsurely.