Chapter 2

Mia and me are sitting outside the principal's room waiting when my mom and Tad arrive , my mother has a worried look and Tad is scowling, my mom caress my face in her hands.

"Honey are you okay" she asks.

Just then Tad opens his dirty mouth "Told ya' she will be okay just ask her if she hurt anyone" He says giving me a disgusted look.

The lady at the reception looks up and says "You are being called at the principal's office".

"Okay" my mother replies with an ashen look .

After five minutes my mother and Tad come out , Tad again scowling and my mother's face red and hot which is either from embarrassment or anger but she just holds my arm and practically drags me with her and we sit in the car and Tad drives.

We are all silent half in the car then mom turns to me and says

"Why are you doing this?"

"What" I say dumbfounded

"Why are you being so difficult" She grits out.

"Mom I just skipped a class, it's no big deal " I say  nonchalantly.

She doesn't reply.

After five minutes we reach home and I go straight to my room.

When I am all freshened up there is a knock on my door and mom appears, she comes and sits beside me on my bed and says

"Why didn't you tell me that you had a parent teacher meet where they were going to announce your result" and her eyes soften and she continues "you have never done that before then why now"

"Because there was no Tad before" I say in a duh tone.

"Honey, I know you don't like Tad but I love him and I have moved on, I think you should too"

I am shocked, She says this like dad never existed before and thinking about this boils my anger.

"Don't you ever miss dad" I say ,my voice breaking in between and tears start to form in my eyes.

"Sky please" she starts to speak again but I cut her off "Mom how can you pretend to show that dad never existed and why are you always trying to impress Tad , Mom you know he is a shit bag and he doesn't care about us."

"ENOUGH" She shouts and slaps me right across the face , Tears start to cloud my vision and before I know it I am crying.

"Oh God sorry honey oh my God I'm so sorry" she gapes in horror.

"JUST LEAVE ME ALONE." i yell at her.

"I am so sorry honey".

"Mom please go " I say my voice breaking in the middle again and she leaves my room, I start to cry while chanting 'dad please come back' like a mantra.

After an hour I open my laptop to check my messages and there is one from alison

*Hey r u okay heard u and mia got caught*

and I reply * I am a mess mom slapped me because of the bastard*

*Shit*

*Yes big shit *

*So do u wanna talk about it*

*No*

*BTW the rumor has it that a new exchange from ireland is joining tmrw*

*Hmm... i like irish they have a cute accent*

*Yeah ;) i have to go and kick jackson ass bye*

and she logs off, thinking about how allison is going to run after her younger brother to kick his ass makes me smile.