I Thought You Hated Me

Poppy's POV

I ran out of Branch's Bunker and kept running until I heard a very familiar voice. 'Hey Poppy! Nice to see you again!' It was Cloud Guy! I quickly wiped away all my tears and realised I was at the entrance of the old escape tunnel. 'Hey Poppy, you OK?' I heard him ask. I slowly turned my head to face him and said 'I'm OK.' as cheerily as possible. But I knew I was failing. 'Well, you certainly don't look "OK". You sound hoarse and your eyes are so red and puffy. What happened?' Cloud Guy questioned again. I was about to reply when I heard Branch shout my name. I was too tired to run anymore now so I sat down on the ground and sighed. Cloud Guy, who, I think sensed that I needed some time alone, climbed back up to the top of his "mountain" and pretended to be a normal cloud. Seconds later, I saw Branch running towards me with a very concerned look on his face. 'Hey... Poppy, look, I didn't mean to shout at you like that... It was just that  it was my privacy and I guess since you saw the invitations, you know why I didn't want you to see them... ' Branch said, every word dripping with guilt. 'Branch... It's just that I thought you hated me.' I said, my voice barely audible. Branch sat beside me. 'Poppy, do you want to know why over the years I was so grumpy and scolded you all the time?'
He asked. I nodded my head and turned to face him. 'Well, it's because you we're the happiest troll of them all. You we're the loudest, nosiest, and was the star at every party. If anyone were to attract a Bergen it would be you. And after what happened to my grandma... Well, I don't want the same thing to happen to you because... I love you. And I can't live with myself if I lose another person I love ever again.' He said. I stared at him in amazement. Without thinking twice, I pulled the collar of his vest towards me and both of us ended in a sweet kiss. Branch was caught by surprise at first, but slowly kissed me back as time passed. If only this moment could last forever...

Cloud Guy POV

I looked at the scene unfolding below me and heard every single word of their conversation. I was shocked too after hearing Branch's story. (Poppy did tell me what happened to Branch's grandma so that's why I understand the story.) Suddenly, I saw  Poppy pull him into a kiss. I immediately went into fangirl mode and squeeled as softly as I can as to not break their romantic moment. 'Awwww, I knew those two were meant for each other.' I said softly, still fangirling over the precious moment.

Branch's POV

After about 1 minute of kissing, I felt Poppy pull away for air. Me and her were both slightly panting. 'Y-you are actually a pretty good kisser. 'I said, giving her a grin afterwards. 'So are you. 'She replied, giggling afterwards and punched me lightly in the chest. 'We better head back to our old troll village, the others are probably waiting for us.' I said, suddenly realizing that we should get back to packing. Both me and Poppy stood up and made our way towards the old troll village. I wonder what we're going to tell the others if they ask where we've been...

Woo! Sixth chapter done!!! This is about the end for this story. But don't worry because I have thought up plenty of other scenarios where Branch and Poppy would get together. So on this same book, I would be writing a new story of how Branch and Poppy get together. Maybe I'll write how they got married and stuff over on another book, and you guys can choose which scenario you want the marriage to follow up to. So yeah... I would be starting the first few chapters of a new scenario today though so stay tuned! Peace!