Keeping Things Busy

Poppy's POV

"Today's gonna be a fantastic day!" My alarm clock sang. I immediately shot up in bed. 'Today IS going to be a fantastic day! Because it's my BIRTHDAY!' I exclaimed in delight. I've already planned out what I need to do so I'll only have to carry out what I need to do. That's a lot to do... Hopefully I won't be busy today... I climbed out of bed and started to hum a tune. 'Morning Daddy!' I greeted when I met him in the living room,or rather the throne room. 'Morning sweetheart. Err, Poppy, do you think you can help me with something? It's really important.' He said, sounding like he's...nervous? 'What is it Daddy?' I asked. 'Well, being Queen, you have a lot if responsibilities. And one of those responsibilities is lots of paperwork. So, quickly finish up your breakfast and I'll give you the paperwork.' He said. Oh no, paperwork? I hope this won't take long...

Branch's POV

Everything's going as planned! Most of the decor are ready, DJ Suki has already prepared the music, Satin and Chenille have arranged all the tables, chairs and what-not. Invitations were also given out already and Bridget and the chefs are almost finished with Poppy's cake too! They only need to put the finishing touches. 'Now lemme see... Balloons check, lights check...' I checked off the things on my clipboard. Looks like being a doomsday prepper all these years have paid off! I have to admit, I'm quite nervous actually... I have not attended a proper party before let alone planning one. But, I'm doing this for Poppy. And Poppy deserves the best of the best for her birthday. I looked around the party room and saw that confetti was all over the place, streamers were dangling off the roof, and the decorations, tables, and chairs, were all put in place. 'Looks like I've really gotten into the spirit of happiness huh?' I chuckled quitetly to myself. Now to get the birthday girl...

Yay! Chapter 2 of this story done! I think this story would have to end at Chapter 3. Maybe if I have more things to write this would extend out to Chapter 4. Chapter 3(and 4 maybe) would be out today so stay tuned! Peace!

P.S: Sorry for the last Chapter! I spotted a lot of mistakes in that Chapter. I really should not write at night... Anyways, I've made the appropriate changes already so you guys won't have to bear through the cringe worthy mistakes. 😅