Let's Get To Partying!

Poppy's POV

'Ugh, I hate paperwork.' I grumbled. I took a quick glance at the clock and saw that it was 11:50! Oh no, how will I ever get to throw my party now? I took a glance at the thick stack of unfinished paperwork. 'Why? On my Birthday too...'I grumbled,fighting the urge to cry or bust out in rage. I slammed my face on the table and let out a big sigh. Suddenly, I heard knocking on my door. 'Who's there?' I called out. 'Hey Poppy, it's me Branch. Let me in?' Branch called back from the other side of the door. Hearing Branch's voice made me cheer up a little, and I ran to the door to unlock it for him. 'Hey Poppy.' He greeted. 'Hey Branch.' I said in a bored tone. 'Briget is looking for you, so she asked me to bring you to the dinning hall in her castle.' Branch said. I was more than delighted to hear that because I seriously needed a break from paperwork. So, I followed Branch out of my pod and hoped that nothing bad happened.

*Time skip*

Branch's POV

I brought Poppy to the door step of the castle and pulled her through the troll-sized door the Bergens had created for us. I heaved a silent sigh as I pulled her through the door and suddenly... 'SUPRISE!' Shouted every troll and Bergen there was. I took a quick glance at Poppy and realised she looked shocked and stared in awe at the party we had thrown for her. Suddenly she turned to me. 'Branch... You planned this?' She asked. 'Well, yeah, but I couldn't have pulled this off without the help of everyone.' I said, rubbing my neck. Out if the blue,  she pulled my vest and kissed me on the check. I swear I was blushing like crazy right now. 'Thank you. You are the bestest friend any troll can ask for.' She said, before hugging me. I saw a few Bergens and trolls staring at us in awe and started to feel a little embarrassed. Thank goodness DJ Suki broke the silence by jamming out a song and shouting. Soon, everybody was dancing and having a great time. After an hour of dancing and doing everything that was ridiculously fun, Bridget disappeared into the kitchen and brought out a huge, colorful cake.  Everybody saw the cake and they got the cue to start singing a birthday song for Poppy. After singing the song,  we all had a delicious time eating the cake and chatting while listening to the sick beats DJ Suki was playing. Yep. I'm definitely going to attend every single party from now on.

And third chapter done! This is the last story I'm doing for the book and the poll starts today. More info on the next page. Peace!