1. center of attention

Lexi and Barbie were seating in their favorite spot in Starbucks while sipping their Frappuccino when Joyce stormed inside the café. When she saw where Lexi and :) are at, she went directly to them. Panting, she stood in front of the two of them and started talking to Lexi.

Joyce:  Lex? Tumawag sakin si Kris. Anong nangyari?!

     Lexi was reading a fashion magazine and acted as if Joyce wasn’t even there. Barbie jumped to her seat and leaned in to Lexi.

Barbie:   Girl, mukang marami na namang aaligid sayo, bukas.

     Lexi is still reading but she answered Barbie.

Lexi:     What’s new? Lagi naman diba…--

Joyce:  Lex! Kailangan kitang makausap--

Barbie:   Look at this.

     Barbie showed her iPad to Lexi and played a video.

               SHOWBIZ NEWS:  Heartthrob Xian Tan names the special girl in his heart.

       Reporter 1: Xian, parehas nalilink sayo sina Rhian, Kim at Gwen ngayon… sino ba ang pinakamalapit sa puso mo ngayon?

      Reporter 2: Bali-balita na nakipagdinner daw si rhian sa family last week, ibig sabihin ba nito ay official na kayo?

      Reporter 3: Niregaluhan mo daw ng Shih tzu si Kim?

      Reporter 4: hinatid mo daw sa condo unit niya… at natagalan ka daw bago umalis…?

        Camera continues to flash and finally. Xian started by saying….

      Xian: Actually… ang pinakamalapit sa puso ko… ay si Lexi.

      Reporter 1: Lexi? Non-showbiz?

      Reporter 2: girlfriend mo ba ang Lexi na yun?

      Xian:  Lexi is my litte sister. And for now… iniingatan niya pa ang puso ko. Rhian, Kim, and Gwen… we are really good friends. Thank you.

Lexi:     Kelan yan?

Barbie:   Hmmm… uploaded 20 minutes ago.

     Barbie proudly said. While she was smirking, Lexi grabbed her phone from her purse and dialed her brother’s number.

Xian:     Namiss ako ng little sister ko?

Lexi:     Heartthrob Xian Tan names the special girl in his heart…?

     alam ni Xian ang tono ng boses ni Lexi na yun... alam niyang hindi maganda ang patutunguhan nito...

Xian: So that’s what they call it? I guess, Barbie is with you…

     Lexi handed her phone to Barbie and mouthed her to say Hi.

Barbie:   Hi, Xian!

Xian: Hi Bie! You never fail to surprise me with your fast connections…

Barbie:   As always…

      returned Lexi’s phone to her. Lexi reached her phone and talked to Xian. On the other hand, Joyce was still standing in front of the two girls… The two girls have totally ignored her.

Mas mahalaga pa ba yang tsismis na yan?!

Lexi:     Alam mo ba kung anong resulta nito? Siguradong marami nanamang magtatanong sakin sa school bukas!