Chapter 5: Jasmine

I walked back into Hogwarts with my new friend Macy, she was very kind and we immediately stuck up a conversation about good books and Quidditch.  We didn't really pay attention to where we were going and wandered the halls aimlessly.  Rose bounding behind me checking the new place out.

Then out of the blue Macy froze.  I came to an abrupt halt and took in our surroundings "where are we?" I wondered aloud, Macy gulped. "We are on the third floor, the forbidden one." Rose scampered over unhappily wondering why we couldn't continue.  Then she meowed loudly and flicked her tail towards a dark cornerstone. Then I heard it.  A faint shuffling sound.  Macy heard it too.  I scooped up Rose and pulled out my wand. 

Macy pulled out her wand and muttered Lumos a bright light blazed from the end of her wand.

"Good thinking" I murmured and flicked my wand enchanting Lumos under my breath Macy glanced sideways at me.  I shrugged and faced the dark.  Rose meowed and snuggled against me.  I lifted my wand higher squinting into the darkness.  And out popped....

"A cat? I said incredulously Macy paled.

"Not just any cat, that's Mrs Norris" she looked up again and that means...

"Yup" said an old scratchy voice and a man stepped out into the darkness his face glowing maniacally.  Macy swore under her breath

"Argus Filch" she explained her breath hot on my ear.

"And I caught nasty students out of bed." he finished "Looks like Hagrid has some new victims I, -er mean kids to take into the forbidden forest tonight."