Chapter 9

I slowly squint my eyes open to guard them from the sunlight poring into the room. I roll over on my side to avoid the light when i here a grumble. I smile up to see Luke shirtless wrapped around me sound asleep. 

"Wake up" I smile at him slightly shaking him. "Dude get up come on" I repeat myself. 

"It's to early" he grumbles in return gripping me tighter. I squirm from his grasp and wiggle away and escape downstairs. Brien is the only one up sprawled out on the couch watching cartoons. "Well good-morning sleeping beauty" he chuckled when I round the corner. I grab a mug from the counter and proceed to make me hot tea. "Where's Shirley?" I ask him raising up on the corner of the counter. "She went with Scott to Houston they should be back in an hour or so" he smiled handing me the sugar. 

"What for?" I asked him.

"They need parts for me and Luke's bike we have a race Wednesday"

"Oh motocross?" 

"Yes ma'am the one and only" he chuckles. He reaches past me to grab a cup but his hand brushed mine and the scene's from last night surfaced. "GOOD MORNING" Luke yells from upstairs. Loud and heavy footsteps grow closer and when he reaches the end he's barely putting on a shirt. "Well aren't you cute" he laughed touching my nose and grabbing a cup of coffee. "Where are you going?" Brien asked him. "I am going to go get Sammy" he laughs. "Details please?" I asked him. "She my darling is my girlfriend of 2 years, you'll love her" he laughed. My stomach was sick and it felt as if the world was burning and i was trapped. Brien caught my feelings and waited till Luke was out of hearing range before questioning. "You liked him didn't you?" he asked. I duck my head in embarrassment. All guys are the same. "It doesn't matter" I say sliding off the counter. 

I try to push my way past him but his hand grips my wrist holding me firmly. "Talk to me" he pleads. "I-I thought he liked me" I lowered my head. "He does that, but he is a good guy I promise but its better to friend zone him" he chuckled lifting my head up. "Now don't you dare frown lets go watch fairly odd parents" he said letting go of my hand.

 We spent the morning laughing and watching TV, i opened up to him more than i probably should have. "You have some shitty exes" he jokes. "Yea don't remind me" I laugh. My phone interrupts the silence ringing to life and i jump witch receives laughter from both me and Brien. 

"Yello" I say still laughing. "Hey baby doll me and Scott ran into a bit of a problem so we might not be back tonight. If not Scott said you could stay with Brien and Luke tonight at there place" she says. "Um...okay love you" I say before she hangs up. 

"What was that about" Brien questions me. 

"Looks like I might be sharing your bed tonight" I laugh then explain to him what i was just told. 

"Well its just going to be me and you then because Luke wont be back till morning" he says shaking his hair. I laugh and kinda shrug the thought of being alone with Brien off my shoulder before realizing he still had Maria. 

Brien's POV

She was smiling the entire time we danced last night and thats all I could think about. The way her hair shined when she blushed or how her eyes held some sad past. When she said we might be alone tonight my mind leaped and i thought about her in my arms. She made me feel safe and I couldn't let her go. Not after that dance. I guess you could say thats why I broke up with Maria. 

"Well its just going to be me and you then because Luke wont be back till morning" I told her and i see her smile grow again. She brushes her hands through her hair and bite her lip in that nervous way. She turned and looked at me with wander. "What are you starring at?" she questioned looking around avoiding eye contact. She got up to refill her tea and when she walked back in i was yearning for her. She smiled when she saw me and I lost control. "Fuck it" I said outloud and sped towards her. She dropped the cup shattering glass and tea everywhere when my lips met hers. Then she kissed me back. Sweet and interlaced her fingers in my hair. I smiled for a short second before my hands gripped her waist pushing her against the wall. Her tongue slid into my mouth and I explored everything i could reach. My hands made there was to her ass and she was pulling on my shirt until she pushed me away. "Im--Imma go get my stuff" she said before she raced upstairs. I just sat there with the biggest smirk on my face when she turned around and bit her lip again.