[3]

I scowled at the little girl whining and kicking in the seat next to me.

"Mommy, are we there yet?"

I glared and hissed, "No now stop it before I spank you in front of everyone."

She pouted and quietly whispered a, "Sorry."

I softened my facial expression and grabbed the six-year-old's hand.

"It's okay, baby. Just calm down for a bit, okay?" Lola nodded.

I sighed and took out my phone, going through my unread texts.

Hayley (8:14pm)- Aye chick. Just keep your head up, I'm sure everything will work out. And if not I won't hesitate to buy a plane ticket and go whoop some bitches.

I grinned widely. From the day I met Hayley in college she was always straightforward and wasn't afraid of standing up for her beliefs, which was something that I always admired. I knew she was a keeper.

(8:16)- Haha, okay, babe. I'll keep that in mind. But I gotta go, we're about to land.

Hayley (8:16)- Good luck! Call me later!

"Attention all passengers, welcome to Dallas,Texas where the local time is approximately 8:20pm. We will be taxiing for a few more minutes, so please remain in your seat with your seatbelt fastened until the captain has parked us at the gate and turned off the seatbelt sign. Use caution when retrieving your personal belongings from the overhead bins, as contents do shift during flight. On behalf of your crew, we thank you for flying with us today. We hope you have a great day in the Dallas, Texas area or wherever your final destination will be." [A/N- I totally just got that off of Yahoo answers. Literally just copied and pasted it because I have never ridden a plane and had no idea what the hell they say when you're landing, so yeah.]

About 10 minutes later and we were finally off of the plane. I had a sleeping Lola on my shoulder, along with about three bags in my hands (which may I mention weren't the easy roller travel bags), so you could say I looked like a trainwreck dragging everything through the building.

So, this is it I guess.

It felt so weird being back in my hometown after so long. Extremely weird, actually.

But surprisingly, I actually felt comfortable.

I'm home.

"Devonne?" I turned my head in the direction of the voice and almost got whiplash.

There stood my whole family, Mom, Dad, Dallas, Demi, and Maddie, all staring at me with wide eyes.

Alright, so obviously I didn't at all look the same as I did when I was fifteen.

My light brown hair was now replaced by a dirty blonde color and down past my shoulders running all the way down my back- while my face was completely golden and soft, clear of the acne that my younger self always tended to have.

There was one thing that I was wearing that I always had worn, in which I still actually did have; my glasses. Which I only still had because I was either too lazy or too busy to go get contacts.

I watched as almost simultaneously, all of there eyes left mine and went to the child slung across my shoulder.

Suddenly, Maddie was clinging to the opposite shoulder of Lola. I smiled widely and closed my eyes, savoring the moment of holding my baby sister once again.

She slowly pulled back and was grinning at me. I kept the smile on my face and kissed her forehead softly.

Not long after Maddie walked away Dallas was in my arms. That was when the waterworks began.

I had always adored Dallas when I was little, and always felt a strong bond with her.

Next was Demi.

How much we looked alike now scared me. As we were growing up, we didn't at all resemble each other. It was almost unbelievable that we were even related.

But now, we were almost dead on each other. Besides the fact that Demi looked slightly older than me, and she had pink hair... And her body was a lot more fuller than mine.

But still.

I heard Demi giggle a little before pulling away from me.

Her eyes shifted to Lola and I saw them begin to water. I glanced over and Maddie and Dallas were doing the exact thing.

I finally let my raspy voice talk looking at all three of them.

"Wanna hold her?"

They all nodded eagerly and basically tackled each other to get to her, lifting her away from me softly.

They all stood off to the side, playing with Lola's tiny finger and cooing at how cute she looked while she was asleep.

And I slowly drifted my eyes off to my birth givers.

I quickly lunged myself in their arms, taking them and myself by surprise.

They hugged me back just as tight.

I heard my mom mumble something into my shoulder, that almost made me feel whole again.

"We love you, Devonne."