'umikūmākolu-13:'O Ku'u Aloha No 'Oe ~ You are indeed my love

Pagdating niya ng Isla.. Parang repeat lang ang nangyari.. Susunduin ulit nila ang Lola niya sa downtown, but this time with KATHRYN in tow... Nagwowork kasi ang parents nito kaya ang Lolo’t Lola niya ang nag-aalaga.. And the funny thing Kathrin calls her mommy...

"Why cry mommy"?, tanong ni Kathrin..

"Nothing Darling, I just miss someone" sagot ni Rain..

And the little chld gave her a sympathetic look.

Pagdating niya doon kung saan sila unang nagkakilala ni Niko.. Her mind became flooded with memories.. Niko’s smile, his face, his scent...

At hindi na niya namalayang hindi na niya hawak hawak ang kamay ni Kathrin..

Meanwhile:

Nasa loob lang nang maliit na craft shop si Kathryn.. Nakita niya kasi yung mga pink ribbons and stuffed toys na nakabitin..

"Hey little girl, what's your name?", nagsalita ang lalaking may-ari ng shop..

"Kathrin"

"Where's your mom?

"Park, I give her toy, mommy stop crying".. sagot ni Kathrin with wide eyes..

Natuwa naman ang may-ari ng shop, kasi napakabibong bata ni Kathrin...

Sa Park:

Mahilo hilo na si Rain sa kahahanap kay Kathrin, nalingat lang siya saglit wala na ang bata...

I'ts been five minutes but she felt like it's been five years..

Hawak hawak niya ang noo niya nang..

“Mommy, Mommy” sigaw ni Kathrin...

Paglingon niya it was Kathrin, running towards her.. Someone's with her pero hindi na niya napansin.. Masyado siyang nag-alala sa bata at ang gusto lang niya ay mayakap ito at masiguradong okae lang..

"Darling, are you alright?.. You're not hurt.?. Sunod sunod na tanong ni Rain habang tumutulo na ang luha niya.. Nataranta talaga siya..

"I'm okae, Mommy. Here, stop crying mommy"..

" I will cupscake, I will".. Umiiyak pa rin si Rain..

Samantalang yung may-ari ng shop, nakatitig lang sa kanila..He was happy to see her.. but at the same time pain striked through his heart, surprised that she's got a daughter already..

Pinupunasan na ni Kathrin ang mga luha ni Rain, nang maalala nito yung lalaking naghatid sa kanya. Bumitaw ito kay Rain at pumunta dun sa lalaki..

Nakatayo na rin si Rain nung marinig niya si Kathryn..

Come... Come... Here's Mommy..

Pagtingin niya, Kathrin was with a man.. not just any man.. It’s NIKOLA...

She almost fainted at the sight of him...

Buti na lang at nasalo siya nito bago siya tuluyang bumagsak..

Hindi pa rin makapaniwala si Rain sa nakikita niya.. Nikola in the flesh, sitting beside her..

She raised her hand and traced his face... She wanted to make sure, that his real...

She can feel his warmth and all she wanted was to wrap her arms around him..

She wants to tell him, HOLD ME... TOUCH ME..

Niko can't hold himself any longer.. Ginagap niya ang kamay ni Rain sa mukha niya habang nakapikit...

"I thought you’re gone. Sam sent me the video you made”.

"It was a big mis-understanding.. I’m alive and very well.."

"You have a beautiful daughter," biglang pag-iiba nito ng usapan sabay bitaw sa kamay niya.. He was looking at Kathrin..

"Yeah, she looks like his father.. "

And she saw pain crossed Niko’s eyes..

"What happened this past 3 years, Niko? What happened to you?" may laman ang bawat tanong ni Rain.. Naghalo ang sakit at saya sa puso niya..

"Does it matter, Rain?"

"It does to me... You don't know how many sleepless nights I've spent thinking of you, crying because of you... But, I think you're right it really doesn't matter now"...

at akmang tatayo na si Niko...

"Do you still love me?" She suddenly asked..

Niko answered, “My body may possess another heart.. But it still beats for one person and one person only.. I love you and til’ now I’m waiting for you... But I guess I'm too late"

“You won’t hold on to me again. Rain asked bitterly..

"I can see you're happy now Rain.. I can no longer hold on to you. bumuntong hininga ito sabay lingon kay Kathryn na tumatakbo..

"Do you remember my chicken story, tanong ni Rain?"

Tumango naman si Niko..

"You had two chicken, they're both huge, hence the names Fat-so and Fat-ah", sagot nito..

"FAT-SO died of heart attack and FAT-AH died of a broken heart," pagpapatuloy ni Rain.

"I never wanted to experience that, die with a broken heart.."

"All these years, you are in my heart... I will never love anyone the way I loved you... I promised myself if it's not you then I'd rather grow old alone.. MY HEART BELONGS TO YOU..."

"You mean she’s not yours?".. natatarantang tanong ni Niko..

"Wait, you thought she's mine.."

Niko nodded sheepishly and this time happiness written all over his face..

"Niko, she's my cousin.. Remember the day before I left, I need to go to the hospital.. My aunt gave birth to her.."

“So you’re still single”

“I told you to wait for me, remember.. You pledged you're love to me and so did I to you".. She touch Niko's face while showing him the pledge bracelet she's wearing.. Then she kiss him soundly in the mouth..

But before she knew it, Niko’s lips, landed on hers kissing her with so much passion and love...

"People are staring".. sabi niya dito, when they tried to catch their breaths..

"Let them stare".. and he kissed her one more time... And tears fell from her eyes..

Niko wiped them carefully and gave her another kiss...

"I Love you, Darling Mine.."

"I Love you too, My Nikola.."

Her LOLA and LOLO, Sam and Katryn watching them gleefully..

*youtube.. my heart belongs to you..  thanks to teenotz