19

Continued...

***

He rubbed his thumb against her panty, making small electric circles along her aching clit. "Or do you want to spread your legs wide and allow me to fuck you, until my next thrust is the only thing maintaining your sanity?"

Cory shivered. There was something about the way he said those words that caused her heartbeat to falter and her clit to throb. She gasped.

The promise sounded so sure she wanted to shout, from the top of her lungs, "yes". But she didn't. Her inner self was too much of a scardycat.

"Well, do you?" Killian asked, his voice deep and taunting.

"No..."

"No?"

Cory bit her bottom lip and turned her face away.

Her actions caused Killian eyes to zoom in on her exposed neck. Her vein was pressed tightly against her throat, and her heartbeat was almost deafening. He smirked and used his right thumb and pointer finger to gently grasp her chin and turn her head toward him.

Cory held her head down. Afraid to look into his eyes — mesmerizing, hypnotic. Afraid of caving. Of giving in. She had to be strong. She owed it to her self.

Killian brought his face closer to her — an inch away from kissing distance.  "Are you sure, Cory?"

He was so close that when he spoke, Cory could smell the wine he'd drank on his breath. Her name on his lips caused her to face him. Eye to eye, nose to nose. "Sure of what, Killian?"

"Everything..."

She nodded. "I'm sure."

Killian started rubbing the insides of her thighs again. "How sure are you?"

Cory was desperate to keep her focus on the flap of hair which settled on his eyelid and not on his hands which were causing the heat to rise in her cheeks and between her legs. "As sure as can be."

Killian's smile was deadly. "Then why are your legs quivering?"

Swallowing hard on her saliva, Cory rasped out a meek: "Because..."

"Because?"

Killian knew what effect he was having on her body and wanted her to freaking well admit it. It wasn't that hard a thing to do. He raised his hand a bit higher.

The woman's breath hitched in her throat and caused her to cough. Her eyes burned with water, but she wouldn't open her mouth, for fear that Killian would take it as an invitation to kiss her. "Just...because."

With a quick shuffle, Killian adjusted his frame between her legs. All the teasing was starting to take its toll on his lower region. He wanted her to succumb. To beg for him to take her.

The music in the background lowered in tempo, and the flickering candles casted a shadow across his squared jaws and made his eyes shimmer. Cory's hands ached to brush back his hair and take his lips into hers. It was near madness how much energy she was putting into resisting him.

Killian was good. Devilishly good.

"Why are you teasing me, Cory?"

She shuffled under his weight. "I'm not —"

Her words were cut off when she felt Killian roughly pull aside her underwear and settled his thumb between her flaps. She audibly gasped and held on to his shoulders, with shaky hands and wide eyes.

Killian was serious. Brooding.  "Don't tempt me, Cory."

Only managing to shake her head, Cory closed her eyes. She knew her resolve was slowly breaking. Slowly but surely.

She lay stock still as Killian's free hand slowly traced along her shoulder blades, bringing the strap of her dress with it, down to her elbows. She didn't stop him. She just watched.

She watched as he hoisted up on his one knee and brought his hot lips over her nipple which instantly hardened inside his mouth. Goose pimples filled her entire body and she moaned.

This filled Killian with a feeling he couldn't explain.

His movements were fluid, calculated perfection as he nibbled on her nipple while kneading and molding her breast.

Cory knew she was there now. Definitely.

He just had to do one more thing and she was gone.

Killian felt her body starting to relax under his, and knew he was succeeding. He knew he would've. He'd just needed time. A little time was all.

Just as he was about to go in deep, the nob on the front door rattled and within seconds the door was opened...