Chapter 13

Frank awoke with a splitting headache raging in his head. He was lying underneath the stars, facing the moon. He felt the grass brush against his kneck. He tried to get up, but realized he was bound and gagged by rope, and duct tape.

He heard someone going Hmphf Hmphf. He rolled onto his side, and saw the terrified look in a bound and gagged Maggie eyes. Suddenly a muddied boot came between the two. Frank felt someone grab him, and turn him back onto his back.

Frank looked at the wrinkled face of Irwin Grubs.

" You know Mr Sawyer, I wish you had been hit when I sling shot that rock at you and your freind. Than maybe things could have ended differently for you and your wife". Grubs spoke.

Frank struggled to get out of his binds.

Grubs smiled, it was sort of an evil grin, like a mad man would have.

" I guess I owe you an explanation. You see this life began back in 1898. I one day woke up, and came to work on my garden when I saw Bethany  messing around in my wife favorite flowers, when she was suppose to be swimming. She ruined them all. The flowers here are ones I planted, and not the originals, but I act like they're"

Frank saw a tear form in Irwin eyes, but it disapeared when he heard Grubs chuckle. " Anyway I drowned her in that pool. I had no idea what I was doing. That is how mad I got. Anyways after that I left. Came up with a good lie for the police which the believed, and that was suppose to be the end of it all" Grubs explained.

He than looked at the skull " Poor Allison saw the whole thing though. I threatened to kill everyone else in the family if she told anyone. She agreed to tell no one, but I noticed in two days that her lips seemed to be loosening, and she would squeal eventually.  So I killed her, and buried her in the garden."  Grubs explained

He paused for a bit, his back facing his captives with his hands behind his back. He was now looking up at the stars.

" That is why I agree to take care of this garden with every new comer that comes. Because I have created a garden filled with not soil, but bones. Most people just got scared off by the ghost, but those who found out the truth, or where at risk of finding the truth, I killed and buried in the garden.

Grubs than walked over Frank, and grabbed him by the ropes. He started to drag Frank.

" Now, I got to do this again. I feel sorry for your girl. She will miss you both." Grubs said sympathetically.

Frank felt the pool water splash him as he was rolled over into the pool. He struggled to get free, but he couldn't. All he could do for the moment was sink to the bottom of the pool.

...

A horrified Maggie watched as her husband was dumped into the pool. She tried to scream when Grubs came for her.

" I always hated how the women scream when they're gagged" Grubs snarled. " Have some common sense. You're gagged for a reason!"

Grbus grabbed Maggie, and dragged her a few feet when suddenly they heard the sound of a little girl laughing. 

Grubs looked around, but saw nothing. Suddenly there was a bit of wind, and more laughter.

" Come on out whoever you are." Grubs yelled. Grubs turned back around.

Maggie could not believe what she wa seeing. She saw a little girl, about Sara age, standing between her and Grubs. The girl had chestnut blonde hair. aggie saw that the girl as translucent, because she culd see right through the girl.

The girl was waving at the frightened Grubs. Sudenly the girl opened up her mouth. Black, snake like tongues slithered out of her mouth. 

Grubs backed away real quickly. The ground behind Grubs opened, and out came 5 decomposing corpses. The decomposing corpses wrapped their dead arms around Grubs, and began to pull Grubs down. " No!" Grubs screamed as the corpses dragged him down beneath the earth. The ground closed up a few seconds after Grubs disapeared.

The girl than suddenly disapeared into thin air. Maggie felt the rope that bounded her loosen up. She quickly got the rope and duct tape off. She ran to the poolside, just as Frank came up gasping for air.

Magie helped him out of the pool. Once Frank could breath again, he asked about where Grubs was?

Maggie smiled " I think he is in hell". She than hugged her husband.

One week later the Sawyers are having a backyard barbecue with there neighbors. The doll, Bethany, has gone away, but Sara told her parents that both Bethany, and Allison where grateful for Frank's help. Sara goes to play with the other kids.

" This is nice, ya know so normal." Maggie said.

" Glad it is that, and not paranormal" Frank said. He than kissed his wife.