WEEK NINE

The big spaces indicate change in conversation/place

"You look lovely."

"The same bestowed upon you." She says,curtsying before her fiancé. He laughs at her banter,cupping her face. He looks at her with such adoration-as if she were the most significant thing on the planet. Softly,he leans in until his lips touch hers.

Zayn watched them scornfully. Marina was sitting next to him,fluttering a blue fan over her. Zayn felt jealousy course through him-as well as guilt. Marina and him had done something last night; something he regrets profoundly. He was so angered towards Mariana and Marina was there.

He felt anger,a wrath that he had never felt before. Mariana kissed Liam. Mariana's lips had been touched by someone other than Zayn. Zayn sneakily,and quickly,throws a rock at Liam. Marina hadn't noticed,she was too busy eyeing the prince. They were at the palace-it was the king's son's birthday. Everyone in all of Italy was invited.

"I will be back." Marina whispered before walking towards a familiar face.

"My lord,Prince Niall." She bows,a grin on her face.

"Marina!" He hugs the brunette. "I've missed you."

"May I steal your fiancé for one moment. I'll be brief." Zayn requests,trying to mask his anger with a smile.

"Yes." Liam says corresponding with Mariana's "no."

"Thank you." Zayn muses before practically yanking Mariana away. They walk into a crowd then leave the grand ballroom. With hands interlocked,they walk out of the big castle and into the garden. The guards weren't alert,instead,they were talking amongst themselves.

"What do you want from me?" Mariana scowls.

"Why do I have to want something? Can't I obtain the simple joy of being near you?"

"You have until the sun sets,Romeo." She says sarcastically,the name Romeo being used as an insult. Zayn laughs at her response,his hands finding their way on her waist. He hugs her from behind,a smile rising on his face once he observes how her body reacts to his touch. Her breathing was now ragged and hitched. Her skin was adorned with goosebumps. Her heart and pulse had increased tremendously; she was blushing as his lips touched her. "I-I'm engaged."

"You said perhaps,not a definite yes."

"You are not a very honorable man..don't know what Marina sees in you."

"She sees empty opportunity. It's obvious she has eyes for the prince."

"Niall? They are just friends."

"Whatever you say." Zayn muses,one corner of his mouth etching up into a smile. Suddenly and quickly,with one movement,he turns her body around. She was now breathing heavy as she stared up into his almost amethyst eyes. She found herself drawn closer and closer to him until,finally,her lips touched his.

"Where's Mariana?" A worried Marina asks over the loud music. She was in the middle,dancing along with all of the other peasants. There were some people of importance,like the duke and duchess on England and the prince of Italy-Niall Horan.
Marina had captured his attention ever since she was announced. Marina and Niall had grown up together-Marina's mother was the Queen's handmaiden and good friend.

"Worry not,she's safe. Your prince is awaiting." Liam says,bowing down to the royal.

Niall smiled his bright smile and bowed his head humbly. Marinas small hand met his and they danced. The slightest touch was demonstrated by them,the mere intimacy-as it was called. She giggled as she spun, her red dress catching the attention of many.

"I've missed you,Marina."

"As have I."

" I want you to stay at the palace with me."

"I can't. My sist-"

"She will be fine. Usually I don't beg but... please?"

"Who am I to refuse my prince?" She repeats the phrase she was taught,a triumphant smile on her face.