WEEK THIRTY-FIVE

Everything happened so fast. It was the middle of the night when it happened. They were asleep. They were happy. No one expected this twist in fate. Then it happened. "Ahhhh!" Mariana yelled out in agonizing pain,clutching onto her stomach as white liquid appeared on her dress.

"Mariana are you-what's happening?"

"Fuck fuck fuck go get a doctor you imbecile!" Mariana yelled,pushing Zayn off the bed. He ran down the stairs to the second floor,banging on the door. The lady,who was asleep,grumpily woke up and opened the door to see a red eyed Zayn.

"My fian-wife is in labor!"

"Calm down,Sir. She'll be fine."

"If you don't go there soon,she won't be fine. Hurry the fuck up!" He yelled,waking up nearly all the passengers. He ran up the stairs into their room where Mariana was breathing heavily. All the color drained from her face as she tried to push.

Her loud cries were haunting. "Ma'am I need you to count to ten and take deep breaths."

"No! I-I can't..."

"Sh..Mariana,you can. I know you can. Just push,baby? Okay? It's an hour of pain for a lifetime of joy. I promise you'll be okay."

"It hurts Zayn."

"I know,babygirl.."

"It hurts so much." She yelped,pushing as hard as she could. She latched onto Zayn's hand and squeezed it tightly,tears forging their way out of her eyes. Zayn had a newly found respect for Mariana. He watched the woman he loved the most,push out a child. His child.

Other passengers were also there-the woman helping Mariana. The men were trying to sleep through her sobs but it was too difficult. Mostly all of them awaited the arrival of the baby. Mariana's color faded quickly and she soon became very pale. Rightfully,it had been five hours.

"Mariana! Wake up! Mariana!" She tried to keep her eyes open. A ghostly white color overtook her face. A chill ran down her spine as she tried to open her eyes.

"You have to visit me.." She whispers. Zayn's eyes filled with tears. He knew exactly what was happening. "You promised you would.."

"Mariana please don't leave." He whimpers. "I love you."

"I l-love my baby..t-tell it that,okay? And I love you too,Zayn. More than anything. You and that baby m-my everything." At last, her eyes fluttered shut-ending all her pain. All her sufferings. No life was there anymore.

"Mariana,no! Mariana!" He sobbed, crying out her name. "No! Eternity! What happened to eternity! Wake up,Mariana! Open your eyes. You have to..please wake up." His voice croaked,hot tears running down his face. The pain in his heart swelled and captured his heart. He pressed his lips to hers for the last time,stroking her hair softly.

+

Three days had passed and neither Mariana's corpse nor Zayn had moved.

"Mr. Malik my deepest condolences about your wife but I thought you wanted to know....its girls...three beautiful, healthy girls."