The Proposal?

"So, we are ready," Raman said.

"Yeah. I was here," He moved to the start of the red carpet and moved down on one knee. He had the bouquet of roses in one hand and a big card in the other hand. "And please don't waste time now because at that time I was really young. Now, I'm 50. Haha."

"Raj sir, you still look young," Naina said.

"Of course I'm young. Who said 50 means old? All I wanted to say is that I'm impatient now. Haha."

Raman laughed. "Yes, sir we know you are impatient to get a yes from Simran ma'am again."

"Ah! Yeah yeah, I'm impatient to get a yes from her and..."

"Okay okay wait wait. Simran ma'am is ready." Naina said.

Raj smiled.

Raman and Naina moved to the end of the different ends of the stage. As Simran started walking from the other end of the red carpet, the live band started playing the tune of Janam Janam.

Smilingly, Simran moved towards Raj. She even faced the crowd and faked surprise. Raj smiled and waited patiently. Simran moved closer, and Raj stretched his arm and offered the bouquet to Simran. She accepts it with a smile. Raj removes the box of a necklace from his pocket, and while offering the same to Simran, he said, "Will you marry me?"

Simran smiled and said, "No."

Band immediately stopped playing the song, and there was no one said anything.

Raj smiled again and got up. Turning towards the audience, he said, "Yes, this is what happened that day. I proposed, and she rejected me." Raj shook his head and looked down.

"Huh!"' Naina moved closer to Simran and said, "Seriously?"

"Yes." She replied with a smile.

"Why?"

"See, it is quite obvious. He was a TV star at that time. I was still struggling with my first movie to be released soon. But I never wanted to marry a star."

"Yeah, but then you ended up marrying a superstar. Haha."

"My luck!" she winked looking at Naina.

"Wow!" Raman remarked. "But they what happened that Simran ma'am agreed to marry you?"

"Then, I kept proposing to her till she didn't agree." Raj started moving back to the couch.

"Seriously?" Naina asked.

"No. Stupid. I had movies and TV shows to do. I thought destiny is so cruel and one day I got a movie offer, and I was told that she is paired against me. It was the first movie we did together, and everyone knows that it was the best movie of that year."

"Wow! So romantic! I just love Raj." Seema exclaimed.

"Seriously? It is all fake!" the ugly hat guy replied.

"Ah! You know what? You are just jealous of Raj."

"Me? Jealous? Ha!"

"Yes, you are!"

"For a moment, I'll agree that I'm jealous, but you should even acknowledge the fact that this is all fake."

"Why should I? Nothing is fake."

"Spare me a minute. Just imagine. Someone is telling you a part of their love story that is not known to anyone, and you have every material ready to recreate the scene. Not fishy? And then there is no real surprise on the faces of Raj and Simran. I mean come on!"