Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven
Maddy's POV

I sat on the couch watching Sam & Cat with a plate of fruit balanced on my stomach and my legs crossed under me.

I heard the loud thuds of Joe coming down the stairs and giggled. He was so bad at being quiet!

"Baby I'm lonely" I whined hoping he'll come cuddle with me.

"No you're not. Aria is right there with you!" he laughed as he walked into the kitchen.

I rolled my eyes and looked back at him. He had on a nice shirt tucked into some jeans.

"You look nice, what're you doing tonight?" I asked moving the plate and standing up.

I screamed as I almost stepped on Chase, Joe's family dog that's staying with us for the weekend.

"Chase! You can't be under the recliner like that! Do you want me to step on you?"

He ran into his little bed by the kitchen.

"We're going on a date. Aria is due anytime now and I want to take you on a date." he said while walking close to me.

He tucked a piece of hair behind my ear and placed a light kiss on my forehead.

"Go get dressed doll, we're going somewhere nice." he smiles.

I waddled up the stairs and walked into our bedroom. I dropped my yoga pants to the ground.

I lifted up my shirt and took a good look in the mirror.

I look weird naked.

I'm going to miss this though. Knowing that she's literally always with me.

It's going to be different.

I put on a black floor length strapless dress that I got at Target the other day. I fishtail braided my hair and put on flats.

I took a picture with Joe and posted it on Instagram. I captioned it 'Last date night with Joey before our little Aria is here!'

I slipped on my silver sandals and followed him out the door.

The car ride was longer than our usual trips to the store or runs home but it was nice.

We listened to Something Great by One Direction and he would never keep his hand off my stomach because she was squirming a lot tonight. His face would brighten every time he felt her move around.

It was cute.

We were seated fast and ordered immediately .

We always got the same thing when we came here.

I stirred my straw in my lemonade as Joe began talking,.

"So Maddy, would you be at all against the guys being here when she comes? They're all thinking of driving out tomorrow and I told them that it would be okay with you." he said hopefully.

I smiled at him. "Of course! The guys are like family and I would love for them to be completely involved in Aria's life."

He smiled at me just as our food was sat down in front of us.

The rest of the night was beautiful just like any other night out with Joe, but I realized it was all over too fast as I laid down in bed that night because that would be the last time I could go out with him without our little girl.

All these thoughts overwhelmed me as I realized I'm not as ready for this as I thought I was.

I just needed my mom.

I woke up early the next morning and decided that I would go to my mom's grave this morning and talk to her.

I know she can't respond to me but just talking to her makes me feel so relieved.

I pulled on a pair of leggings and a sweatshirt with my hair in a bun at the top of my head.

I grabbed my keys and slipped on my vans and wrote Joe a note.

I got into my car and drove in silence as I went there, trying to collect my thoughts.

When I got there, I parked my car and walked in to the cemetery. I took the usual path, down 2 rows, turn right, 8 headstones down.

There it was, the rock that left her memory It was hard to look but I managed.

I placed down the flowers and sat down placing my bag to my left.

"Hi mom." I whispered.

I placed my hand gently on her headstone and wiped a few tears away.

"I told you about my baby last time I was here but I didn't tell you her name. Aria Michelle Santagato. Beautiful name right?" I smiled.

I grabbed the picture from my last sonogram that was in my bag and placed it with the flowers.

"That's her" I smiled, choking out a sob. "She's beautiful. Even in a fuzzy black and white, I've never seen anything so perfect." I cried a little more.

"Mommy, I wish you were here. I'm going to need some help to get through this. You were the strongest woman I knew, you could get through anything. I just wish you were here so you could help me get through this." I wiped my eyes and steadied my breathing.

"Mom if you're with me, please let me know. I don't care when or how, just show me you're still around. I don't care when or how, just show me that you're still around. I don't think I can take much more of this, so I'm gonna leave now. I'll be back within the next month. I want you to meet Aria. Goodbye mommy. I love you. I mi-." I started to cry. Actually bawl.

I bent over her grave on my knees with my head against her tomb stone sobbing. Why'd she have to leave. I miss her.

Joe's POV

I woke up and searched then house for Maddy and saw the note.

"Went to see my mom. Be back soon. Love you baby - Maddy"

I hope she's back in time to pick up the rest of the guys from the airport.

Jonah texted me and said that they would be landing in a little.

They were all in LA over the past week and I couldn't go because the baby could be due at anytime.

As is on cue Maddy walked through the front door looking miserable.

"Baby" I whispered pulling her into me. She laid her head down on my shoulder and cried.

I held her there for a few minutes rubbing her back until she calmed down.

I pulled away and wiped the tears on her cheeks with my thumbs.

"We're gonna get through this together. Okay?" I asked. She nodded and whispered "Okay."

"Good now lets go get the guys from the airport! You'll get to see Ryan again!" I smiled.

She laughed and followed me out the door.

We sang to One Direction on the ride over there and I noticed Maddy wince a few times.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm fine." she said putting on a noticible fake smile.

I reached over and grabbed her hand.

"I'm here if you need anything baby." I smiled. She smiled. A real one now.

When we got there all the guys were there waiting for us.

We got out of the car and were immediatly greeted by hugs.

"I can hug you right? You won't break?" Joey asked Maddy and she laughed.

"Of course now get over here and hug me!" she said. She was so cute.

All the guys lined up and hugged her.

We all crammed into my car.

I was in the driver's seat, Maddy in the passenger's seat, Joey, Jonah, and Josh were in the seats behind us, and Nick, Adam, and Ryan in the very back.

On our way home we all made jokes until I saw all the color drain from Maddy's face.

"Maddy what's wrong!?" I panicked, contemplating pulling over.

"I think we should go straight to the hospital instead of home, Aria's coming!" she said excitedly, but you could see the nerves on her face.

I hadn't actually prepared for this moment. I knew she'd come sooner or later but knowing I'd see my child for the first time was terrifying!

November 18th will be the day my life changes forever.