Chapter One

The early years of Y/N's childhood were swell. She had met Lauren and Camila in preschool, the trio becoming best of friends — but Y/N unexpectedly grew up faster alongside them.

She never focused on having fun, choosing only to hang out with her brothers all day. The five boys usually picked on her but ever since their mom had gotten back together with their father, all the teasing had stopped, and they depended on each other to stay safe.

Louis, the eldest, took the lead as being the caretaker of his five younger siblings. He took an interest in medicine at an early age, mostly due to his mother avoiding going to the hospital at any cost. In turn, he studied the basics of medicine and suturing through programs provided at his school.

Y/N was very fond of her brothers, but she also loved her new high school friends. Normani, Dinah, and Ally kept her from going out of her mind. They distracted her in the most fun ways possible, and she could never thank them enough.

Out of everyone in her life, Y/N loved Camila most. Camila was a great factor in keeping her sane. She was a source of happiness, of the calmness she needed. She had even taught her the lullaby that calmed her down when she was having a panic attack, something which she suffered from severely.

---

"Take it easy Jauregui! You've got nothing on me." Y/N mocked her best friend's appearance, giggling at her sweaty shirt and the messed up hair sticking to the sweat on her face. She threw a hair tie over the volleyball net which Lauren successfully managed to catch after brushing a few strands of hair away from her eyes.

"Let's go! I came here for a show." Camila shouted from the bleachers and Y/N stared at her for a while, smiling at the strand of hair left out from her ponytail. She quickly ran over to Camila and tucked the strand behind her ear, both girls smiling at each other until a ball roughly hit Y/N's head.

Camila's laughter resonated throughout the gym. Y/N rotated her head, to glare at Lauren, "I'm gonna fuck you up."

"Don't." Camila playfully warned, Y/N returned to her position on the court, across the net from Taylor.

"Ready?" The simple question seemed to make Taylor flushed to the point where all she could do was offer a nod in response.

"She loves you." Liam teased and Y/N nudged him, cringing a bit at the thought of dating Lauren's sister.

"Shut up and serve."

Liam stood at the back right corner, serving the ball to Lauren's side of the court. She bumped it back and Liam lightly hit the ball with his fingertips to set up Y/N for a spike, one which darted downwards towards Lauren's feet.

"You're really no help." Lauren shoved her sister back, causing Taylor to fall off- balance. Y/N rushed under the net to get in between the two girls.

"It's just a game, relax!" Lauren angrily walked off the court at Y/N's remark.

"Thanks, she can be a bitch sometimes." Taylor reached out for Y/N's outstretched hand, using it to pick herself off the floor. She opened her arms for a hug but Y/N stepped back, "I'm sweating." Taylor accepted the excuse, walking off the court with Liam.

"Stop being such a sore loser." Camila's voice was heard at the sidelines and Y/N walked up to see Lauren rolling her eyes, "You're supposed to comfort me."

Camila raised her eyebrows, offering a pat on the back to which Lauren grumbled under her breath as she walked away, "You're no help either."

Y/N opened her mouth to come to Camila's defense but the brunette shook her head, "Let her cool off."