Chapter Two

Y/N replayed her kiss with Camila as she walked up the steps of her porch. She unlocked her front door, stepping inside to an unusual silence. Her brothers hadn't gotten home yet, presumably still at practice.

Something doesn't feel right.

Y/N held her breath for a moment, walking across the house to her parent's room. Now she could hear music playing from the stereo and with each step she took, the silence faded.

She put her ear up to the door, hearing muffled voices through the loud music. She exhaled and lifted her hand up to the doorknob.

A wet sensation washed over her palm and she recoiled her hand, was that blood?

Y/N's heart dropped, she slowly pushed the door open, and she felt her hands tremble at the scene before her.

Graphic Scene Ahead

Her parents yelled at each other, she couldn't make out what they were saying, but she could see the veins on her mother's neck become pronounced.

"I hate you!"

Y/N read her mother's lips, the amount of rage rattled her but what her mother did next scared her even more.

Her mother spit on her father's face.

The spit ran down the side of his cheek and his mouth frowned in disgust. He wiped it off with the back of his hand and shoved her to the floor.

His foot drew back, gaining momentum as he slammed it into the side of her stomach.

Y/N stood still in shock, she tried to move but was paralyzed. She watched her father swing his foot back, kicking her mother again and again.

Y/N's mind refused to accept what she was witnessing but once she met her mother's eyes, her body began to move.

Time seemed to slow down as she found herself between her parents.

"Stop!" Y/N yelled, hoping her voice could be heard through the loud music. She shoved her dad, giving enough time for her mother to get back on her feet.

Without taking his eyes off of his wife, he lunged forward to proceed with his abuse and Y/N got caught in the middle.

A backhand met her face, reopening the wound on her lip. Her ears rang at the blow, she shook her head to clear the tiny sparks in her vision.

Then the music stopped.

"See what you've made me fucking do?" Her father's voice echoed in the room and her mother continued to argue back.

Between the yelling and blood seeping from her lip, her head went into overdrive.

There's too many things going on.

Fuck I can't-I can't breathe

Y/N gripped the wall with one hand, using it as a guide to escape the room. She focused on her feet, watching one step in front of the other til her shoes felt the traction of a carpet.

She closed her door, searching her mind for a moment of silence but the arguing voices slipped through the cracks of her door.

She breathed in through her mouth, exhaling roughly. The cycle repeated and her mouth went dry. She tried to swallow but her throat refused, heightening the feeling of panic in her body.

It felt like she couldn't breathe

but she was

It felt like she was dying