CHARTERHOUSE 4: Given

♥Well hello!

Hope you're all enjoying :)

Comment and vote please!

Share too x

enjoy♥

I woke up to the sound of people arguing outside.

I rubbed my eyes and focused on the noise.

-"...as you promised", I heard.

-"You can't...", I heard from my brother.

-"...beat you up again? We don't like when people break their promises...", I heard as a response.

-"Please don't!", he said.

I sat up and grabbed my blanket.

I heard another door opening.

-"What's going on?", I heard my mum.

-"Move out!", a man said and I heard my mum's slight shriek.

I quickly got up and put a coat on.

I grabbed my switchblade and went out to find two big, tough men stanging beside my brother who looked very scared.

Then I saw my mum laying on the floor, coughing.

-"Who are you", I said, trying to control my temper.

-"Is that her?", a man asked Karl.

He gulped and nodded.

-"Karl, what's happening?", I asked.

-"I'm so sorry Jade, I swear I didn't mean to. I let go of everything and didn't think of what I was doing", he started explaining.

-"I want her ready for tomorrow. I think we'll do some nice business with this pretty young lady", another old man who was smoking a cigarette said.

-"Have a nice day, dunce", one of the men told me brother, pushing him aside and leaving.

I went up to my mum and kneeled infront of her.

-"Are you okay?", I asked.

-"Yes, yes. I think I just need to take some medicine", she said.

-"No, let's go to the hospital. You're snow-pale", I said.

-"No, please", she said.

-"Stay in bed and I'll take you to the hospital in a while", I said. She nodded and sighed.

Once she was snuggled in bed, I went out to find Karl's head burried in his hands. He was sitting on the couch and his elbows were on his thighs.

-"You have a lot of shit to explain. Why were there three big men standing in our doorway? And for worse, one of them was fucking smoking. I hate that smell, do you remember?", I asked, fisting my hands and trying not to swing a punch on his nose.

-"I'm sorry... Okay. Um... Remember I told you about the girl I met in the bar?", he said, standing up.

-"Yes", I said, crossing my arms.

-"Well... She escaped with my help and the big guys found out and beat me up. They picked up my wallet and saw our little family picture I had (inside my wallet) , and they asked who the girl was and I told them it was you... And they said they wouldn't hurt me or Heather if I gave you to them as a replacement", he said.

-"You are so unbelievable", I said, letting my hands fall onto my sides.

-"I'm sorry... I'll get you some nice bikinis though, and some heels and-", he started.