Chapter 3

I put on my usual attire― Yukihira uniform, short pants, thigh high stockings and pair of shoes―as I get ready for the first day in my school. "I'm out~" I waved at Papa and onii-chan that are seeing me off and begin my journey to the culinary academy.

The cool breeze swiped my cheeks and leaves trailed along with it, I reached the gate of the school and heard shrieks of students, followed by sounds of people begging to let his child continue to study in this school.... What in the hell....?

"Papa, what is this school?!" I asked my father instantly when he picked up.

"Oh, didn't I tell you? That's one of Japan's best cooking school. A superior elite school where less than 10% of the students graduate." He explained to me while I look at the mountain in front of me. "Make sure you survive~" I can even picture him smirking at the end of the phone.

"I said don't look down at me....! I'll survive for sure you see!!" I hung up and stepped into the fancy school without making any eye contact, and started to observe the school. Modern, fancy, humongous. I noticed a flyer on the notice board and take a quick look at it. Oh, it seems that the entrance examination is at a hall.

I make way to the hall and surprised by how many people are in this room. Chattering and murmurings filled the hall, so are student's excitement and anxiousness. I glanced through the hall as I waited for the examiner to arrive. Regarding of my instincts, I found some people who I think is interesting, such as the blonde boy with a blackett, or the tanned girl who exposed much skin, or even the boy with white hair tied up in a short ponytail. I even noticed some were looking at me, discussing about my appearance, which make me a little uneasy.

The noises and my thoughts were cut off by an amplified voice.

"I am your examiner and I'll be in charge of today's entrance test." I heard some gasps and..... nervous heartbeats....

"Your theme for this test is steak, the time limit is 2 hours." He pointed to a large kitchen table with all kinds of fresh meat.

"For those who want to withdraw, you have 1 minute" The examiner smirks. Some students looked at him with horror and ran away screaming after he finished his sentence.

"Pathetic" I muttered. I then glanced through the hall again and found those I think is interesting is still staying. Hmm, as expected.

"You may begin now." The man said and sat down. I ran through my thoughts of recipes, I didn't know much about steaks but I think I have one particular recipe that will satisfy him..... And also, based on those who ran away's reaction, I guess the man is quite tough and picky, maybe this will be the perfect dish. When I was thinking, I noticed the tanned girl was asking to use her own meat, and the blonde boy was asking to team up with the blackette.

I went to the kitchen table and start looking for the meat I wanted. Oh, this looks nice. Then I started preparing the ingredients. After tying up my hair into a ponytail and tighten an apron around my waist, I opened my black knife case which consists two layers, 6 at the bottom, 5 on the top, a total of 11 blades shimmering into my eyes. Time to start.

I don't have much time left..... Guess I need to boost my speed alright.... I was slicing the ponici mushrooms when I heard someone exclaiming.

"O...Oi! Look at that girl!"
"She's so fast.....Shit, my sauce!"
"How could she be that good?! She's only our age!"

I kept myself concentrate while I continue to cook my own butter.
"30 minutes in the fridge...." I said to myself. I need to finish the rest, fast, within 30 minutes.

I season the steak and begin cooking its side until it turn brown. "Now remove the heat.... In the oven....." Meanwhile my dish is in the oven, I took out the butter which I made earlier from the fridge and cut it into ½ inch pats. A soft 'ding' was heard as I quickly took out the steak. I poured some cooked juices on top of it and put a pat of the butter over the steak. Good. Now time to serve this baby.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I actually looked up for the recipes 😂😂

Hope you like it!!! ;)