Prologue: Part 1

Hey-lo people! :) thank you, you wonderful person, for taking interest in my story. I hope you'll enjoy it, and as a slight warning, some of the chapters of this story is pretty sad, so a heads-up for all you emotional people. :)

Remember to Vote, Fan and Comment if you like it! :D

Dedicated to the late Enid Blyton, for showing me the magical world of Words through her books.

~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~** 

Sopheila's POV

White. All I could see was the white gauzy fabric of the bandage in front of my eyes. Every thread of the cloth could be seen, so vividly, so clearly. I could feel the bandage was wrapped around the upper part of my head, holding itself in place.

"You can take the bandage off now," came the gentle voice of the nurse who had been looking after me for the past few days. "I'm sure you must be very excited."

Hands trembling ever so slightly, I reached up the take the wrappings off. They fell away from my eyes with a firm tug. I could now see the hospital ward I was in. The nurse, whose voice had been such a comfort to me during my stay at the hospital stood at the side of the chair was sitting on.

Directly in front of me was a simple full-length mirror. I leaned in, and took a long look at myself. I was dressed in a tacky green hospital gown. My auburn hair hung straight down my back, past my waist, with hardly a curl in it. My pink lips, set in my pale skin. I stared into my own eyes, reflected to me. They were a curious colour: light grey, and when they caught the sunlight, like now, they turned to a shade bordering on silver.

"A friend of yours brought some clothes for you," said the nurse, who, I now saw, had brown hair and matching eyes. "You can put them on after your final check-up. Then you're free to go!"

Free to go. My stomach began to flutter- a butterfly managed to find it's way it. Free to go out and see the world. Free to do anything I want. Free!

Suddenly a heady feeling overcame me and I became intoxicated on it. It felt as if a whole colony of butterflies were in my stomach now, but deep down, I could feel an ugly feeling gnawing at me.

"I shall take you to the check-up room now if you are ready," the nurse told me. "Shall we?"

--^--^--^--

After everything was settled, I was discharged from the hospital. I walked out of the building with a lightness in my heart. A teenage boy with sandy blonde hair was waiting for me at me foot of the stairs. When I saw him, happiness and the previous ugly feeling filled me at the saw time. I swallowed the ugly feeling and ran towards my boyfriend with my arms open.

When he heard me running down the stairs, he turned to face me and held his arms open, ready to receive me.

As I hugged him tightly, he stroked my hair and gave a small sigh. The sound if it made my heart sink and I pulled away gently. The ugly feeling reared it's head again, and I now managed to identify it as guilt.

"I'm sorry, " I whispered.

He gave a sad sort of smile and pulled me back towards him and kissed me softly, gently, making my toes curl. He broke the kiss but didn't move away. "You have nothing to be sorry for."

I took a long look at my boyfriend. His floppy sandy blonde hair, soft lips that were curved into a smile at the moment, and his friendly brown eyes.

Eyes that were devoid of life, even though they crinkled at the edges because he was smiling.

Eyes that I would remember forever.

Eyes that couldn't see.

~*~*~*~*~

So what do you think??? :D I'm a sucker for Comments. And Votes. Oh, and Fans too. So yeah. :) And please- this is my very first time actually posting a story on wattpad, so I would appreciate a lot it if you showed some loveeee. XD

And no, I don't proof read. I try to fix my mistakes as soon as I make them, but if I missed any.. Well, please find them amusing.

Remember to Vote Fan Comment!